White Sox vs Yankees, 6/7/07 (L)

Chisoxfn

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 02:36 AM)
I mentioned his name early and completely forgot he was available. He must have an attitude problem.

Watching Thornton pitch really makes me confident that Cooper can teach these pitchers we drafted offspeed pitches.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this bullpen isn't the worst in baseball? Intersting.

The guy on the mound is causing the problems right now. If it was one of the guys that KW brought in that he thought would be the solution, your point would apply to tonight's game. I agree the bullpen has been a problem, but Thornton wasn't the best choice to be out there. That's the OG's call.

Thornton's problem is that he has absolutely no offspeed pitch. What exactly does Cooper do to teach these guys anything other than throwing a fastball at less than 100 pct ability? How come we never hear a story about a pitcher developing a new pitch?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 02:39 AM)
We will be 9.0 GB after this game.

This is a blessing, it really is. Even DJ sounds like he's surrendering.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
So you wanted to replace Thornton after 2006? Interesting.

I do think its time that when a guy who has mostly sucked his entire career comes up with a good season to maybe lower the expectations the following season. See Loaisa, Cotts, Politte, now Thornton.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 02:40 AM)
I do think its time that when a guy who has mostly sucked his entire career comes up with a good season to maybe lower the expectations the following season. See Loaisa, Cotts, Politte, now Thornton.

That would require the Sox trading someone at peak value. That's a foreign idea to KW.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
Even DJ sounds like he's surrendering.

I noticed that as well. Hell, DJ and Hawk have to watch this s*** every night. Eventually they get too dizy from spinning and have to accept reality.

Sad thing is, if we do make any deals I am afraid no one will want any of these hitters we have. They'll want some of our Starting arms, the last segment of this team that actually makes Sox fans proud. The rest of the team is just horrid.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)

Loiaza at least had something of a successful track record in the earlier part of his career, and he always had good stuff...it was just that adding the cutter in 2003 made him an All-Star caliber pitcher.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:41 PM)
That would require the Sox trading someone at peak value. That's a foreign idea to KW.

You're right. He really believes they "turned a corner". That was his quote about Aardsma is spring training. He did turn a few more corners all the way to Charlotte. We will always have 2005. If that didn't happen, I'm pretty sure most people here would think KW is an idiot.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:41 PM)

Yeah, I can imagine the season ticket holders reacting well to the trades of Konerko, Iguchi, Crede and Dye coming into this season.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 02:43 AM)
just out of curiosity, at this time, are we the worst team in baseball?

The Sox and the Reds are the two worst teams I've seen over the last couple of wins. Both teams make winning seem very hard, and losing seems to happen no matter what.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
Thornton is taking the Damaso Marte career arc with us.

Watching Marte, Cotts, Politte, Hermanson and now Thornton and MacDougal, I've come to the conclusion if a White Sox bullpen arm has a good year -- trade them immediately. I've said in the past I support trading Jenks because of his velocity drop, and the fact we're likely not competing for several seasons. Thornton or MacDougal would obviously be the prefered choice, but they'll need to become more consistent from this point forward.

If none of those names are likely to be moved, then hope Logan finishes the season well and think about packaging him.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 02:44 AM)
Yeah, I can imagine the season ticket holders reacting well to the trades of Konerko, Iguchi, Crede and Dye coming into this season.

The only thing are season ticket holders care about is winning. I'm sure that number will go down drastically next year. This might not be something KW understands, but when you trade a good veteran player, you should get MLB ready talent in return.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
Loiaza at least had something of a successful track record in the earlier part of his career, and he always had good stuff...it was just that adding the cutter in 2003 made him an All-Star caliber pitcher.

He was always pretty mediocre, but your right, his "stuff" was always was highly regarded. His cutter was great in 2003, but while he's been serviceable when healthy, he's never been lights out like that season. He lost how many 1-0 or 2-1 games or he would have had one of the greatest records in the last 50 years that season.

I don't care if its AJ, but Ozzie needs to put a guy at the top of the order that actually gets on base. If Owens must play, bat him 8th or 9th.