White Sox vs Yankees, 6/7/07 (L)

Chisoxfn

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 02:48 AM)
He's done it with minor leaguers. Guerrier and Reed. Olivo was having his best season in 2004.

Yeah, but we were talking about guys in the majors. You know I was clamoring for him to trade either Cotts or Politte after 2005. Either of those guys could have brought us in great value.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
Yeah, I can imagine the season ticket holders reacting well to the trades of Konerko, Iguchi, Crede and Dye coming into this season.

I don't think season ticketholders are liking this brand of ball. I am one, but not a bandwagoner. There will be quite a few jumping ship after this season if it continues like this. If no star power is added, you'll get a nice view of the green seats on your flatscreens in 2008.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)
Something has to be done. Bringing up Charlotte Knights or Birmingham Barons isn't the answer.

I wouldnt trade anything unless it can help us for a few years. Like with all of this new found pitching in our system, its time to give the Devil Rays a call and see if we can take something off their hands.

But I wouldnt trade anyting for bullpen for this year. whats the point.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 02:54 AM)
I wouldnt trade anything unless it can help us for a few years. Like with all of this new found pitching in our system, its time to give the Devil Rays a call and see if we can take something off their hands.

But I wouldnt trade anyting for bullpen for this year. whats the point.

Yeah, KW better not be making trades for guys like David Weathers or Pat Burrell. I've said this elsewhere, but the only three guys I wouldn't consider trading are Danks, Jenks, and Konerko.

Clutch Thome

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 02:56 AM)
All the Thome haters will post how Rowand would have hit a homer there. Ugh.

Well...those people are just stupid. I'm still waiting for Thome to do anything clutch this season.