Carlos Lee

fathom

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 03:44 AM)
He should get booed. He was a lazy hotdog. Him getting traded was a great day.

Such irony here. He was one of the 5 best hitters in the Sox organization over the last 20 years. Pods is just as lazy as he is....with 1/1000000th of the talent.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:45 PM)
Such irony here. He was one of the 5 best hitters in the Sox organization over the last 20 years. Pods is just as lazy as he is....with 1/1000000th of the talent.

How is Pods lazy? Sucks and has a leg like Barbaro, but I have heard nothing wrong with his work ethic. And he doesn't hot dog on a high fly ball that hits the fence and then gets thrown out at second.

The smart fans like some on this board will cheer. THe "new" fans will boo because he kills their real favorite team. I will cheer Saturday when I go.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:48 PM)
How is Pods lazy? Sucks and has a leg like Barbaro, but I have heard nothing wrong with his work ethic. And he doesn't hot dog on a high fly ball that hits the fence and then gets thrown out at second.

LOL I bet you love Erstad too.

Pods is immune from running thru the base. He also takes his jolly ole time getting to the ball in the outfield. Maybe it's me, but I have no problem with a batter admiring his homer. 99 pct of the time, it's going to be out of the park.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
Pods is immune from running thru the base. He also takes his jolly ole time getting to the ball in the outfield. Maybe it's me, but I have no problem with a batter admiring his homer. 99 pct of the time, it's going to be out of the park.

I got no problem when it is a long gone blast, but when it is just a flyball that maybe has a 50/50 chance, that only hurts the team, because if hits the fence or gets down, it limits you only to a single or even worse getting thrown out at second.

You know what, I hate to be an apologist for any player, but to me, it really seemed like most of Podsednik's "lazy-ness" was do to his leg injury. Now, I'm not big Podsednik supporter or anything like that, and I wanted a new leadoff hitter in the offseason like most, but Podsednik is not in the same class as Lee is. Well, at least that is from my view.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:26 PM)
Hope the fans cheer him, because Carlos was a great Sox player.

He put up great stats, but he was only about stats. You would never hear anything good about him in the club house and such.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 04:28 AM)
He put up great stats, but he was only about stats. You would never hear anything good about him in the club house and such.

All the clubhouse stuff came out after we traded him. Quite the shocker coming from our organization.