Carlos Lee

fathom

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:48 PM)
How is Pods lazy? Sucks and has a leg like Barbaro, but I have heard nothing wrong with his work ethic. And he doesn't hot dog on a high fly ball that hits the fence and then gets thrown out at second.

From everything I ever heard, Carlos Lee was a very hard worker. He just so happened to suck defensively and have a tendency to stare at his homers, which sometimes didn't leave the park.

So, to put it simply, I've heard nothing wrong with Lee's work ethic either.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does "sliding into second like his wife were turning the double play" count as "bad work ethic?"

(I'm not being sarcastic or anything. I really want to know.)

I wish him well. Good hitter, and he helped net us a world series. I've got no problems with Lee.

Lee was known as THE hardest worker defensively on our team in '03 and '04, and he did improve quite a bit in those years. But he didn't run into walls like Rowand or tie toe around like Pods, so screw him. The fact he had actual talent unlike the 2 previous guys and that Ozzie didn't like C Lee only proves how awesome he is.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 12:06 AM)
Does "sliding into second like his wife were turning the double play" count as "bad work ethic?"

No, it's called an ignorant comment by an ignorant person.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 12:50 AM)
Lee was known as THE hardest worker defensively on our team in '03 and '04, and he did improve quite a bit in those years. But he didn't run into walls like Rowand or tie toe around like Pods, so screw him. The fact he had actual talent unlike the 2 previous guys and that Ozzie didn't like C Lee only proves how awesome he is.

Well, his hard work didn't last as from what I heard and read from Brewer fans, he was a lazy defender.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:45 PM)
Such irony here. He was one of the 5 best hitters in the Sox organization over the last 20 years. Pods is just as lazy as he is....with 1/1000000th of the talent.

The real irony is how much more popular players get as soon as they get traded away from the White Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:30 PM)
All the clubhouse stuff came out after we traded him. Quite the shocker coming from our organization.

why would they come out with that stuff while hes still on the team? no one wants the media to know that a potential clubhouse cancer is on the team while the season is in progress.

Carlos Lee was always my favorite player, I hated the trade passionately and if it wasnt for the WS win I prob still wouldnt be over it. I always liked Magglio but Frank Thomas and El Caballo were my fav guys. I still think that 04 team if Magglio/Thomas stay healthy with the offense provided by Carlos and Rowand that season as well as Uribe we would have been a force. Not 2 mention Konerko but I dont remember the kind of season he had an 04.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
He should get booed. He was a lazy hotdog. Him getting traded was a great day.

Couldnt agree more, there are very few bigger "ME" players than Carlos Lee. This team does not win a ring with him on the roster, in the clubhouse, in the field. Yes, I said it. Great hitter yes, but my praise stops there. Carlos Lee is not the type of player I'd ever want on this team, because thats the least of his cares..... team. I do wonder if he'll ask the Astros motorcoach to stop off on 355, so he can take a leak and re-live the old memories. I won't be booing him, Ive already gave him enough grief at Cubs games in the bleachers, but I guess its pretty safe to say I'm happy that we aren't overpaying his lazy azz.

People forget that this trade didnt just bring Pods and Viz. Allowed us to sign Iguchi, AJ, and Hermanson. RING. :sweep:

Edited by watchtower41

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 10:30 AM)
No wonder players bad mouth the Sox organization when they leave. Even the fans trash the players when they leave.

A lot of people said the same things about him when he was here. The guy was a total moron on the bases and I don't think anyone will forget the time that he watched what he thought was a homerun, only to be thrown out at 2nd. He drove me crazy when he was here.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 10:26 AM)
Couldnt agree more, there are very few bigger "ME" players than Carlos Lee. This team does not win a ring with him on the roster, in the clubhouse, in the field. Yes, I said it. Great hitter yes, but my praise stops there. Carlos Lee is not the type of player I'd ever want on this team, because thats the least of his cares..... team. I do wonder if he'll ask the Astros motorcoach to stop off on 355, so he can take a leak and re-live the old memories. I won't be booing him, Ive already gave him enough grief at Cubs games in the bleachers, but I guess its pretty safe to say I'm happy that we aren't overpaying his lazy azz.

People forget that this trade didnt just bring Pods and Viz. Allowed us to sign Iguchi, AJ, and Hermanson. RING. :sweep:

Well Viz wasnt all that great, could of plugged in a number of guys and got same result. Hermanson and AJ were both brought in very cheaply so I dont think they would of been a problem to sign with or without Clee's contract on the team. Iguchi your probably right, but he was a ? going in so it wasnt like he was guaranteed to be better than even a willie harris.

I hope Carlos gets an ovation. If I were there tonight, I would cheer for him. I cheered for Durham, when he came back with the Giants. Regardless of clubhouse issues, etc. Whenever there is a former player who put up great numbers, I hope he gets showed the respect he deserved from his former team.

Maggs not included.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 11:02 AM)
I hope Carlos gets an ovation. If I were there tonight, I would cheer for him. I cheered for Durham, when he came back with the Giants. Regardless of clubhouse issues, etc. Whenever there is a former player who put up great numbers, I hope he gets showed the respect he deserved from his former team.

Maggs not included.

How hypocritical. Maggs not included? I would cheer the loudest for him.

Not every time he comes to bat, mind you. Just on his first trip back.

I remember the old days with El Caballo in Left and Maggs in Right. Those were the days....10 runs a game was the usual. 200+ homeruns a season...it's in the bag. we didn't have much pitching back then. which is why it's frustrating now because our starting rotation is legit. i hope the hitting will improve, and it's bound to since they can't really go down much more. i'm just glad we have the horses in the starting rotation to go 8+ innings if need be. that way, hopefully, we can just get right to Jenks who should be an All Star again this season.

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)
yep. if we would of still had c-lee, we wouldnt have a 2005 championship banner

Thats utter bulls***. Maybe we would have maybe we wouldnt. But your basicly going with would the difference between Carlos and Pods offensively outdo the difference between Iguchi and whoever played 2B. Even though 05 was the one season Pods was actually good for us he did miss 30 or so games and if I remember had a less than spectacular 2nd half.

Iguchi had an avg. season nothing special, just did good dealing with having Pods running all the time for better or worse ahead of him. Willie Harris probably would have been the starting 2B if not Iguchi and his numbers really arent that much worse and who knows what they would have been like if he was an everyday player. Without doubt less HR's but possibly more SB's, and similar OBP. Infact in 04 when Willie had a good amount of ab's and games he put up an identical OBP.

Now obviously Iguchi is or I should say was the better 2B in 05 and Carlos was the better LF in 05 offensively, which is the biggest drop-off you got to ask yourself. Iguchi to Willie Harris or Lee to Podsenick. In my opinion its between Clee and Pods, and Clee's numbers prob would have been better if he didnt switch leagues having to face guys he has never seen before on a daily basis.