White Sox vs. Astros, 6/9/07 (L)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
briguy must be pissed that Paulie got a hit.

no im not, its just this team continues to break my heart, game in, game out.

even though paulie had a nice rip there, the first pitch was good for a 400 foot bomb. since he hit the grand slam in game 2 of the WS, he hasnt learned his lesson that the first pitch is the best pitch u will probably see in the whole at bat

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)

even though paulie had a nice rip there, the first pitch was good for a 400 foot bomb. since he hit the grand slam in game 2 of the WS, he hasnt learned his lesson that the first pitch is the best pitch u will probably see in the whole at bat

thanks....I needed a laugh at that stupid post.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)

Sorry but I have to disagree with you. The pitcher will let you know what the best pitch to hit is. The worse the pitcher the earlier in the count to swing. The inability of this team to work a count and recognize the strike zone is its downfall. Swinging on the first pitch in my opion is the worst thing a hitter can do.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
What happened I went to let the dog out?

Easy double play chopper up the middle. Iguchi was real close to Uribe, and tossed it to him. Uribe dropped it, had to go get it and tag 2nd.

uh oh, 90 pitches for JG already? which scrub from the 'pen is going to come in and give houston 4 runs?

or maybe garland will give them 3 here, and then i can go and take a nap

Edited by briguy27

Watching hitters work the count and make the pitcher throw strikes is truly killing me as I watch the stupidity of White Sox hitters fail to realize this aspect of the game and a question I would like to ask. The strike sucks today and the White Sox refuse to use this to their advantage.

Garland running out of gas.

"I was hoping the Giants would take me," said Poreda, who said he grew up a Giants fan. "They had their chance. I was very disappointed they passed on me. That's their fault. I have a new favorite team now."