White Sox vs. Astros, 6/9/07 (L)

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
I root for five or six players right now: Vazquez, Danks, Jenks, Fields, Konerko and Masset when he starts.

I'll still watch Thome bat, as the chase for 500 carries on.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)
My cousin in St. Louis says the Cards maybe down on Reyes. Wonder if Buehrle would bring him in a deal.

He's terrible! He's the most overrated player on soxtalk.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
His best game, coincidently, was against the White Sox last year.

He sucked in the World Series, right?

Kip Wells has been worse, Reyes just took the heat.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 04:44 PM)
He sucked in the World Series, right?

Kip Wells has been worse, Reyes just took the heat.

Never said he sucked in the World Series, don't make any implications here. All I said was that his BEST GAME was against the White Sox. He was pretty solid in the World Series, but his game was not as good as the one against the White Sox. By my initial statement, I was implying the reason people here are in love with Reyes is because of the game he pitched against us last year.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 09:46 PM)
I post this rhetorical question in game thread when it gets this way. When is the offense going to be embarassing to KW? The bullpen was embarassing for a couple of weeks, but apparently has stopped. Now the offense has not done s*** all year. Paging KW, do you have a pulse? Do anything!!!

KW failed miserably so far this year. This is one of the worst 100 million dollar payroll teams I've seen. Like I said earlier, terrible managing/base running/hitting/defense/fundamentals/relief pitching.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 04:51 PM)
KW failed miserably so far this year. This is one of the worst 100 million dollar payroll teams I've seen. Like I said earlier, terrible managing/base running/hitting/defense/fundamentals/relief pitching.

Has there ever been a worse 100 million dollar payroll? I can't think of one unless you consider the Yankees 200 million dollar payroll in the same equation. But the Yanks are not nearly as bad as us.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great game for Garland. This team has no chance to hit Lidge in the 8th, so it would be in our best interest to hit that solo homer this inning.

since pujols' blast in 05, he hasnt been the same. so we might have a chance to...ah never mind, we are the 2007 worst AL team with the worst BA in the league

something interesting, i just saw cy youngs stats on baseball-reference.com, and he pitched 7354.7 innings in his career. holy cow

Edited by briguy27