White Sox vs. Astros, 6/9/07 (L)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)
since pujols' blast in 05, he hasnt been the same. so we might have a chance to...ah never mind, we are the 2007 worst AL team with the worst BA in the league

something interesting, i just saw cy youngs stats on baseball-reference.com, and he pitched 7354.7 innings in his career. holy cow

Lidge has been sensational for quite a while now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 04:57 PM)
Lidge has been sensational for quite a while now.

I'd say he has been a tad above average this year, especially considering how bad he was the first two weeks.

You know, it's really a good thing that KW didn't upgrade in LF or at SS this year. But thankfully, we're loaded with AAA pitchers for a while!

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 09:58 PM)
I'd say he has been a tad above average this year, especially considering how bad he was the first two weeks.

Considering how bad he started, he must be doing something right to have his ERA in the low 2's.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has there ever been a worse 100 million dollar payroll? I can't think of one unless you consider the Yankees 200 million dollar payroll in the same equation. But the Yanks are not nearly as bad as us.

Last years Flubs. The Mariners have been high in payroll the past couple of years. The Mets a few years ago

Christ, that was off the top of my head.

So does Greg Walker think there are no ways to improve Uribe's swing? What a joke.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
Last years Flubs. The Mariners have been high in payroll the past couple of years. The Mets a few years ago

Christ, that was off the top of my head.

So does Greg Walker think there are no ways to improve Uribe's swing? What a joke.

I was thinking more of the Orioles a few years ago. And yes, Walker should be fired and Uribe needs a total makeover at the plate. Either that, or get him back on the juice.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 04:59 PM)
You know, it's really a good thing that KW didn't upgrade in LF or at SS this year. But thankfully, we're loaded with AAA pitchers for a while!

Considering how bad he started, he must be doing something right to have his ERA in the low 2's.

There's an MLB rule that states that for each AAAA pitcher you have, you receive 10 wins per pitcher at the end of the season. We're gonna have like 200 wins

At least Tito will be happy.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
Schuerholz shook him. Even Dave Littlefield one upped him by dumping most of Kendall's contract on him.

I love the stat about who the Pirates highest paid player is this year.

Unreal....I just love these AAA pitchers. If you're going to lose, at least let it be Thornton who's responsible, especially since Berkman is so much better as a lefty than a righty. Ozzie just never ceases to impress me.

atta way prinz, walk the lead off guy. that usually turns into a run. its bad enough we're down 1-0, it cant be 2-0 or more heading into the bottom of the 8th

brian hates me

Edited by briguy27