White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/11/07 (L)

BAH! You know you're $%&*ing pathetic when you make Adam $%$ing Eaton look like Johan @#$%ing Santana...

i die a little inside everytime i look at our team batting average and wonder where the averages are from the last two years... meh...

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ swinging for the ocean last inning. This team is simple minded when it comes to offensive strategy. I know the park plays small, but you dont have to physically attempt to hit a home run. This is the reason we suck at home this year. Everyone is swinging for the fences. A lot of hard hit line drives go out of this park, just like US Cellular. They need to relax a bit, and stop trying to crush every single pitch.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:03 PM)
wow, Sox trying to top the Tyler Clippard performance

When AJ gets on the North show again, and says all I was trying to do is make contact. Someone needs to call him on it. His last AB was him nearly falling over, and swinging at crappy pitches out of the zone.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:01 PM)
It's sad that 1 hit through 4 innings against a pitcher with a 6 ERA isn't upsetting anymore. Not being able to use Thome and Konerko in the same lineup makes a terrible lineup even worse. But hey, at least Greg Walker deserves none of the blame. As Farmer says "when this team starts hitting, they won't stop".

I just turned on the radio, and those guys were just talking about how good Eaton looks....I'm sick of hearing how the other pitcher is just good that night while our hitters get one hit through 4 innings.

I'd be upset about their performance tonight against Eaton if I wasn't used to it.

At least Javy is pitching well...

ummm...

wow....

as i type this Howard goes yard... well played steve, way to jinx Javy...

I certainly do hope we build this rotation around Javy, Garland, and Buerhle... i'd hate to lose any of these guys. then let the youngens like Danks and Gio and other excel at the back end... our starting pitching is the only thing keeping me smiling these days

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:08 PM)
Hopefully Uribe wont look as dumb this time, and will take more than 3 pitches to go down swinging.

thanks, I actually blocked that AB from my mind, he doesn't even look like a AAA player at the plate, but we can't blame Greg Walker

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:08 AM)
looking Forward to Javy giving up 2-3 runs tonight and getting blamed for the loss

He won't get blamed, but it would be nice to see him shut out the other team once instead of doing just enough to lose.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:08 PM)
looking Forward to Javy giving up 2-3 runs tonight and getting blamed for the loss

Or his typical 6 inning 4 or 5 runs with 7 k's and people talking about how great he pitched. Sutcliffe believes he tips his pitches. He was calling location by his wind up.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:10 PM)
Anyone hearing Sutcliffe talking about Javy tipping his location to the hitters?

Sutclife is trying to sound smart. He isnt tipping anything. Its called bad location. Sutcliffe needs more alcohol.