White Sox vs. Marlins, 6/19/07 (L)

knightni

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 07:49 PM)
Is that you Kenny? No, really I unerstand exactly where you are coming from and I am sure Joe wishes now he had surgery during the off season, but back surgery for a young man is nothing to take lightly. The Sox have given up on a number of folks eligible for free agency and would have a power team right now if we had kept a couple. The pieces of the puzzle we need to be putting in place includes someone of the caliber of Joe Crede. Plus he is a home grown talent just like Carlos Lee was, and I am not pleased with the Sox decisions in the area of our potential FA's. We should be rewarding our talent and keeping them

I just think the delay on the back surgery, coupled with his agent and his impending free agency after '08 have pretty much sealed his fate. I like Fields a lot, but this is not the by-product of being overly excited about him :).

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
The sad thing when Uribe's career is over, he will have only used a small portion of his talent. If he had a better approach at the plate, with his power he could be an elite SS. However, he has no concept of what a strike is.

:notworthy

Very well said.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
John will be done after 5, he's already up to 84 pitches.

So the bullpen has to do the job tonight.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

the offense better do their job.

Our catchers get a case of the nibbles with our relievers. Instead of just letting them throw strikes and attack. Our catchers setup on the outside, like we have contact pitchers trying to avoid the bat.

Power pitchers need to get ahead, and then you can move outside for the outpitch.

QUOTE(goblue5699 @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
Ozzie Guillen is to Jerry Manuel as Jon Garland is to John Danks.

That's absurd. Ozzie's protecting his arm today.

Aside, he's been pretty good about letting him stay in the game while not overtaxing his young arm. If Danks were more effecient, he'd pitch longer.

Not that I'm knocking Danks. I'm not. He's learning in the majors what he should've learned in the minors, but he was too good for that, so here we are.

I'm defending Ozzie from your blasphemy. ;)