Erstad to Return Friday; Pods Update

Chisox_fan

According to Guillen, center fielder Darin Erstad should be back in the starting lineup Friday.

White Sox

As for Pods:

Scott Podsednik doubled in three at-bats on Tuesday night against Norfolk, during Triple-A Charlotte's 10-2 victory. Guillen mentioned that Williams talked with Marc Bombard, Charlotte's manager, on Wednesday morning, but had not received information back yet on Podsednik's condition. "Podsednik, when he's here, he's here," Guillen said. "Hopefully, when we make the call this afternoon, he says he's ready to come here and help the ballclub." .

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
Williams should wait until Podsednik and Erstad are playing together for several weeks before deciding to sell anything. It's only right.

And a week after they return, when they get hurt again, he should still wait it out. This team is talented.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I, for one, am excited to see Erstad back. It won't change s***, and shouldn't, but I would like to see someone on our team play to the best of their ability and with all the effort in the world rather than all this dogging-it bulls***.

Erstad is playing at the best of his ability?

He should retire from baseball. I didn't see him hustle to the ball that dropped behind him in Anaheim.

I'll take a great player who plays at 80% over a crappy player who plays at 100% or above 7 days of the week.

Yeah, Erstad plays at the best of his ability and runs everything out and does all the little things that he should do. He's got good fundamentals, he plays solid defense, and he shows up to play whenever he's healthy. Unfortunately, he's not what he used to be, and he is not always healthy, but you don't get a "dead man" feeling from watching him play.

That's all I said and am saying. Way to jump all over it. I'm sorry Darin Erstad killed a ladybug or something when that flyball dropped behind him.

Pods and Erstad will help this team because they can get on base and steal the next one. Anything they do will help this offense plus they were the original parts of the team and with your origianl team back together again it can only help.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 06:14 PM)
I have no problem with Erstad as long as he is only a bench player making less then 2 million-at the most.

I'd much rather have Terrero fill that role while providing better speed, more pop, much more youth and doing it all for the minimum.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 06:07 PM)
Pods and Erstad will help this team because they can get on base and steal the next one. Anything they do will help this offense plus they were the original parts of the team and with your origianl team back together again it can only help.

Podsednik is not an effective base stealer anymore.

1. Erstad-CF

2. Iguchi-2B

3. Thome-DH

4. Konerko-1B

5. Dye- RF

6. Pierzynski-C

7. Fields- 3B

8. Terrero-LF

9. Uribe- SS

this should be the lineup, but I'm sure Ozzie will put Mackowiak and his .236/.320 as* out there instead of Terrero at .241/.380.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 12:19 PM)
Most of the time, I'll take experience and average-above average speed over lifetime AAAA player. That's just me, though (and Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen).

I'll take the power and the ability to do a thing or two. Kenny and Ozzie are both idiots.