White Sox vs. Cubs, 6/24/07 (L)

The Bones

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
Who reported that? I've heard the Griffey talk, but nothing on Gagne.

Hendry has supposedly told Cubs personnel he's acquiring a power arm for their pen next week, and that's why they're trying to dump Jones on someone.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
In the next series, we face Kazmir, JP Howell and Shields. Our batters are probably just busting at the chomps to get a hold of that after facing the dynamite Cubs pitching.

I've always hated watching games on TV that take place at Tropicana. Just so dark and dull. Combine that with our team.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
Alot of teams are looking at Gagne, Yankees, Indians, Cubs and Braves.

Whoever gets him is going to have to give up some talent because it appears he is healthy and thus far has been dominant this season.

I don't see why the Cubs would want Gagne, unless Dempster's injuries are more severe than they say they are. I'll be so pissed if another NL Central team trades away their best player to the Cubs for chump change.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
Hendry has supposedly told Cubs personnel he's acquiring a power arm for their pen next week, and that's why they're trying to dump Jones on someone.

Power arm = Mac? :P

Hopefully they don't dump him on us.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)
Power arm = Mac? :P

Hopefully they don't dump him on us.

Unless it's for Murton, I don't want to give them MacDougal. I think with him on the mound today, he won't be getting traded to the Cubs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
Unless it's for Murton, I don't want to give them MacDougal. I think with him on the mound today, he won't be getting traded to the Cubs.

Why do you have a man crush on Murton? Need another OF with no arm.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
I don't see why the Cubs would want Gagne, unless Dempster's injuries are more severe than they say they are. I'll be so pissed if another NL Central team trades away their best player to the Cubs for chump change.

I'm more worried about who we trade off, and the players we get in return. I could care less what the Cubs do or who they get.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
I'm more worried about who we trade off, and the players we get in return. I could care less what the Cubs do or who they get.

For on the field purposes the rest of the year, I just don't want to see the Cubs make the playoffs.