White Sox vs. Cubs, 6/24/07 (L)

The Bones

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)
Pie wasn't even going home so the runner that Uribe ran into would've been stuck anyways. Let's use some common sense here.

And according to Heads' post, he advances at his own risk, which Pagan did, and since Pie was standing on 3rd, he could not have advanced, therefore, he is tagged out and should be out. Then, Pie ran home for no reason and is tagged out as well.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)
I can't wait till this series is over... I can't wait till Sean Marshall starts pitching like the pitcher he really is and gets his s*** packed. It's already started to happen to Marquis. That f***ing team shouldn't be even thinking about the playoffs, yet they're in the f***ing NL.

I'm just thankful the Brewers have been playing good baseball lately. However, the rumors about the Cubs trading for Griffey Jr. AND Gagne are scary.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
Soriano's about to outscore us this series. Please throw at him, I don't care if he doesn't deserve it. If we throw at him and break his wrist, I won't say one bad thing about Ozzie ever again.

Ejected.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
Then it was done right...I flipped to GN to see what they were saying

But he did not keep it extended until the end of the play.

Soriano's about to outscore us this series. If we throw at him and break his wrist, I won't say one bad thing about Ozzie ever again.

He already has, technically.

Can't disagree with a beaning. Even if uncalled for.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
This team has never made me want to cry like this before. My god, we can't catch a f***ing break, we can't hit, our bullpen blows, and our GM is clueless.

With the exception of the crying part I agree, Sox do not have to worry about a sellout rest of year. f*** KW I hate your smugass.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
And according to Heads' post, he advances at his own risk, which Pagan did, and since Pie was standing on 3rd, he could not have advanced, therefore, he is tagged out and should be out. Then, Pie ran home for no reason and is tagged out as well.

Exactly. He was safe at 3rd, but much like a walk. He can be awarded the base, but the minute he moves off of it. he is fair game.

Soriano's about to outscore us this series. Please throw at him, I don't care if he doesn't deserve it. If we throw at him and break his wrist, I won't say one bad thing about Ozzie ever again.

Bulls***.

And PS: Ozzie's been ejected.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)
I'm just thankful the Brewers have been playing good baseball lately. However, the rumors about the Cubs trading for Griffey Jr. AND Gagne are scary.

I heard they can't take on anymore salary past this year. Is that true?

Also, Texas better get something good from the Cubs -- he's probably going to be the best reliever dealt in the next two months, and there should be no rush to trade him. If the Cubs want him now, Texas better be demanding a ransom (Pie).

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:56 PM)
Similar to the messages he send KW? :lol:

Nah, I'm not complaining about Ozzie here. All I was saying is that if a manager wants to have something done during a game, it's not hard for them to do when they're ejected.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)

Who reported that? I've heard the Griffey talk, but nothing on Gagne.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)

Also, Texas better get something good from the Cubs -- he's probably going to be the best reliever dealt in the next two months, and there should be no rush to trade him. If the Cubs want him now, Texas better be demanding a ransom (Pie).

Alot of teams are looking at Gagne, Yankees, Indians, Cubs and Braves.

Whoever gets him is going to have to give up some talent because it appears he is healthy and thus far has been dominant this season.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:56 PM)

Yeah, I know they've given them some restrictions, as that's what made them not be able to take Porcello or Weiters.