White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 6/25/07 (W)

Balance

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:28 PM)
He's worthless against LHP....Santo = dorf, if you're reading this, what would you think about trading Thome?

As Thome's #2 fan on the site I'll answer this question. If someone is willing to give up 2 big time prospects, I mean 1 of them would have to be a major league ready position player with HUGE upside and the other a very highly touted but maybe not quite as polished player as well as an A baller or 2 I'd pull the trigger.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:28 PM)
I'm still convinced that Gustavo Molina for his 18 career at bats was the worst hitter in the history of baseball and luckily we'll never see him in the majors again. Andy Gonzalez is right there with him though and is possibly the worst in baseball right now.

Danks is on his way out of the rotation.

They would have been much better off with Wiki Gonzalez's offense, and our catchers throw out runners at about a 10% clip anyway, so it couldn't get much worse than Molina, Owens and Gonzalez for three players in the span of one season on an MLB roster.

We have the worst outfield in the history of the "juiced ball" era in baseball.

Wonder if any team will take Dukes "on loan" (and why they would do it) since neither the owner of the D-Rays' AA and AAA teams want anything to do with him?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:28 PM)
He's worthless against LHP....Santo = dorf, if you're reading this, what would you think about trading Thome?

I know this question is for Santo=dorf fathom, but I would trade him if you could get some good prospects for him. I don't think there is any untouchables on this team as it stands right now.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:31 PM)
They would have been much better off with Wiki Gonzalez's offense, and our catchers throw out runners at about a 10% clip anyway, so it couldn't get much worse than Molina, Owens and Gonzalez for three players in the span of one season on an MLB roster.

We have the worst outfield in the history of the "juiced ball" era in baseball.

Yeah Owens is actually right there too. In 62 career ABs I'm not sure he hit a single ball hard.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
LMAO, all 3 put outs credited to the worst major leaguer. And as usual, he gets a terrible jump, and catches it on the run while losing his hat.

To be fair, although he is awful, he is an infielder. You can't expect stellar play from him in the OF.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 04:37 PM)
Also Tampa telecast had a feed saying Toby Hall has not thrown out a runner all season.

Well, first he's only been playing for what, a month? Second, he's a backup. Third, his shoulder is trashed.

If I had a nickel for every time Hawk has said "Takes one right there" or "Just underneath that one", I'd buy the White Sox from Reinsdorf.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:40 PM)
What happened?

Right size, wrong shape.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:40 PM)
What happened?

Close to the foul pole, I think Farmer was "hoping" it inside a little too much.

A little like the current Danks "real" ERA of 4.29, lol (minus the 3 runs against DET).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:41 PM)
Terrero K's. Howell might K 20 tonight.

If Terrero and Fields play everyday the rest of the year, and Paulie and Thome do their thing, the Sox should at least come close to the franchise record for ks in a season.