White Sox vs. Orioles, 7/04/07 (L)

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 02:22 AM)
Monday? I believe the 'turning point' -- or the moment the majority of Soxtalk knew 2007 wasn't our year -- was the final game of the Cubs series. Our pitiful stretch of games against the supposedly weak National League concluded with a sweep. And while it was over far before that in my mind, that was the turning point for many more on the fence.

You should know me better than to think I was being serious. I can't believe the amount of optimism people had because we won two series against Tampa and KC.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
I better hear news regarding a trade or signing of Buehrle within the next 15 minutes.

I doubt they will panic or rush to make a decision just because we are tired of hearing and worrying about it. The deadline is probably July 31st.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)
I doubt they will panic or rush to make a decision just because we are tired of hearing and worrying about it. The deadline is probably July 31st.

I'm tired of hearing about it because deadlines are continually imposed. One last Friday, which passed, now today.

It doesn't take this long to decide whether or not either side will budge from a NTC. Does anyone really need 27 extra days?

Just make the damn decision already, Williams.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 07:16 PM)
The turning point of this season was blowing that game on Monday.

As weird as that sounds with all the other losses, I agree with you. It seemed like they were trying so hard to turn a corner and then the pen blew up yet again. You can't hide a zit as ugly as the Sox bullpen.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 11:09 PM)
As weird as that sounds with all the other losses, I agree with you. It seemed like they were trying so hard to turn a corner and then the pen blew up yet again. You can't hide a zit as ugly as the Sox bullpen.
None of these recent games were the "turning point" in the season. That happened a long time ago.

I really hope that was the last game in a White Sox uniform for Contreras. His age is really starting to show; he has nothing left. I would rather see Floyd get adjusted to the bigs than see Contreras give up 5+ in 5 innings every time out.