White Sox vs. Twins, Game 1 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

BearSox

Might as well post the new gamethread now before I forget. IIRC, Baker's last outing was a gem where he only gave up 1 run on 3 hits in 8 innings against a very tough Detroit offense. We could have our hands full tomorrow. Plus, we aren't facing the Devil Rays, Royals, or Orioles anymore. It is 4 games against an above .500 "pirannah" Twins team.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This double header is like watching my hometown Rochester Red Wings (AAA Twins affiliate) against the White Sox. I've seen Baker and Garza pitch before. I hate having to watch players come through town and go on to succeed against the Sox. And my Dad's from Iowa and is a Twin fan, so the getting swept the last series against them was pretty annoying. :gosox1:

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 02:04 AM)
Might as well post the new gamethread now before I forget. IIRC, Baker's last outing was a gem where he only gave up 1 run on 3 hits in 8 innings against a very tough Detroit offense. We could have our hands full tomorrow. Plus, we aren't facing the Devil Rays, Royals, or Orioles anymore. It is 4 games against an above .500 "pirannah" Twins team.

Kill the PIRANHAS!!!

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 09:42 AM)
There probably won't be any trades today, because that would leave the roster short for the DH. I'm surprised Floyd is pitching the night game. It must mean they are keeping him around. Maybe they will use him out of the bullpen.

Masset wasn't stretched out enough. He's only pitched once in like...12 days or something like that.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
Masset wasn't stretched out enough. He's only pitched once in like...12 days or something like that.

I understand that, but if they were just planning on sending Floyd back, why not have him pitch the first game and have another guy like Day or whatever around for game 2? They will need another pitcher on the roster. Maybe Day is not quite ready, but I think there will be some dealing taking place in the next few days.

Owens, CF

Uribe, SS

Thome, DH

Konerko, 1B

Dye, RF

Mackowaik, LF

Fields, 3B

Cintron, 2B

Hall, C

Garland, P

Castillo, 2B

Bartlett, SS

Mauer, C

Cuddyer, RF

Morneau, 1B

Hunter, CF

Kubel, LF

Tyner, DH

Punto, 3B

Baker, P

Its nice to see the defense including Garland, is kicking the ball around. Execution on defense is key to winning baseball.

Well so far, the usual. The twins show up, and we quickly stick our heads up our ass. Then give good quotes about how great they are, and how their brand of baseball is the right way. We see their execution, we see how we want to be, but we dont put that product on the field day in and day out.

3 zip now.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(bkmoney @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
im listening to the game online.. but it didn't even ask for my password, and the same thing happened to my sister who lives in PA.

anyone else want ot try?

It looks to be free for this game.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:15 PM)
Its nice to see the defense including Garland, is kicking the ball around. Execution on defense is key to winning baseball.

Well so far, the usual. The twins show up, and we quickly stick our heads up our ass. Then give good quotes about how great they are, and how their brand of baseball is the right way. We see their execution, we see how we want to be, but we dont put that product on the field day in and day out.

3 zip now.

They're just spotting them a few runs today to keep it interesting. Cintron's in the line-up.