White Sox vs. Twins, Game 1 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

BearSox

I'm a little late getting here, but I'd like to point out that Owens/Uribe is definitely the worst 1/2 combination that's been in an MLB game this year and, in all likelihood (if you're going by the stats), one of the worst leadoff-number 2 hitter combinations in recent baseball memory. I mean come on it's like we're throwing the games now.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 02:16 PM)
Hunter is one of the greatest I've ever seen. He just makes everything look ridiculously easy. Plus he has a fantastic attitude and fits in nicely at the 5 or 6 spot of the lineup. He isn't quite what Jermaine was for the Sox last season but he can be a similar type of player, especially when you would factor in the type of hole he would be filling in CF. Plus, with his pop in CF, you could get away with having Sweeney's lack of pop in LF and could than go with a guy like Kemp in RF (and let him develop). Utilize the 2nd/SS spots for the 1-2 spots in the lineup, use Konerko at 1st, DH Crede, move Thome and let Fields play 3rd.

It may not be a pretty offense, but for the most part it would have some speed, some vets, and if Konerko/Crede/Hunter do good you have enough pop in the middle (plus Fields) although it is obviously a righty dominated lineup. And you still have AJ's lefty bat and hopefully good speed at the top of the order.

Mix that with a rotation that still has at least 2 of Garland/Buehrle/Vaz and you can still compete, imo. If you still have all three of those guys in the rotation than you can clearly compete, imo.

If I had a bazillion dollars. It would be both, but in reality either one would help us out a lot.

Ichiro or Hunter makes this team a lot better.

Ichiro gives us a true leadoff hitter. He gives us everything that makes this team better. His arm is a cannon, and he has good defensive instincts.

Hunter has great instincts. He also plays the game the right way. He always plays hard nosed. His bat is hit or miss. This year is a great year. He has some pop in his bat.

I like what you are thinking there though. I would throw my money at Ichiro or Hunter and it makes this team better. Both of them give us something we dont have.

Should of been yanked by now. Offense is trying to keep us in it, but Jon has nothing.

Now we are a hit away from being out of the game totally.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 02:27 PM)
Garland kicks another. They are letting him wear it today with the doubleheader and the rookie pitcher going tonight.

Does Floyd still qualify as a rookie? You would think they would let him wear it, and protect the $10 million+ a year guy. He needs to be yanked.

So we have reports from the Trib that Buerhle is cleaning out his locker today. And now we have one of his friends pitching like s***. You wonder how much of this crap wears on the players when trade rumors are like blood in the water.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 12:20 PM)
If I had a bazillion dollars. It would be both, but in reality either one would help us out a lot.

Ichiro or Hunter makes this team a lot better.

Ichiro gives us a true leadoff hitter. He gives us everything that makes this team better. His arm is a cannon, and he has good defensive instincts.

Hunter has great instincts. He also plays the game the right way. He always plays hard nosed. His bat is hit or miss. This year is a great year. He has some pop in his bat.

I like what you are thinking there though. I would throw my money at Ichiro or Hunter and it makes this team better. Both of them give us something we dont have.

Ichiro would be a fantastic option as well, but I question whether he'll actually leave Seattle and if he does whether Kenny could convince him that the Sox are still capable of winning in the immediate future (which is what Ichiro is going to be interested).

Wow...Jon just doesn't have it today. I give him credit for trying, but he's just got to forget all about this one.

i hope this post doesn't go unnoticed, as i'm really curious

what is wrong with jon today? seriously

is he tipping his pitches as well as simply not getting his other pitches over for strikes?

something is clearly different today