Official Recruiting Thread II

I wonder if this will help Alabama to land Dee Hart.

Alabama to pay school $50 an hour to Dr Phillips High School to use fields during the Citrus Bowl preparations. Plus Alabama will pay for upgrades to football team's locker rooms and practice fields.

http://www.wftv.com/video/26166791/index.html

Edited by zenryan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
I wonder if this will help Alabama to land Dee Hart.

Alabama to pay school $50 an hour to Dr Phillips High School to use fields during the Citrus Bowl preparations. Plus Alabama will pay for upgrades to football team's locker rooms and practice fields.

http://www.wftv.com/video/26166791/index.html

Can't hurt. And it's not like Dr. Phillips is going to run out of D-l talent after this year.

As far as Dee Hart, I'm still hearing Michigan as long as Rodriguez is not canned. Florida seems to be making a push and it would not shock me for both Hart and Clinton-Dix to end up there together. I don't get the sense that Bama is recruiting Dee Hart real hard. Or at least, they aren't offering him as a RB, but more an all-purpose player. I think they like bigger backs in their offense.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Jabari Parker the past few days down at Pontiac. The kid does it all and makes it look simple. Does not belong at the high school level and only a sophomore. Whoever gets him for college, he will be gone after 1 year,

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
Good to see Marcus Jackson commit to UT...

Yeah, that has been rumored on Miami boards since he decommitted once Shannon was told to take a hike. Nice get for Tennessee but I'd rather have no Jackson and no Shannon than Shannon and Jackson haha.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
I wish we could pull him, but he's going to SC.

Karlos Williams has looked ridiculous.

On Clowney..yeah, I wish he was actually considering the other teams. s***, his HS team wears OSU gear.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
Yeah, that has been rumored on Miami boards since he decommitted once Shannon was told to take a hike. Nice get for Tennessee but I'd rather have no Jackson and no Shannon than Shannon and Jackson haha.

Oh, I know what you mean. We lost some badass recruits when Fulmer got fired, but I was okay with it... And I knew we were getting Jackson (poorly kept secret), but it's always nice to see on national TV, you know?

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
Oh, I know what you mean. We lost some badass recruits when Fulmer got fired, but I was okay with it... And I knew we were getting Jackson (poorly kept secret), but it's always nice to see on national TV, you know?

Oh yeah, it is always a good/big thing to have a player select your team on national tv.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
Watching Jabari Parker the past few days down at Pontiac. The kid does it all and makes it look simple. Does not belong at the high school level and only a sophomore. Whoever gets him for college, he will be gone after 1 year,

Sort of some inside info on Jabari. This is second hand from a person who spoke to Robert Smith (Simeon's coach). Jabari was the first sophomore Coach K has offered a scholarship to and Coach K told Jabari he would help make him a one-and-done player. Furthermore, Smith said that they like Illinois, but Duke is Duke. Nike is a client of the company I work for, so we do have contact with the Chicago HS B-Ball coaches. Take it for what it's worth though.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Sort of some inside info on Jabari. This is second hand from a person who spoke to Robert Smith (Simeon's coach). Jabari was the first sophomore Coach K has offered a scholarship to and Coach K told Jabari he would help make him a one-and-done player. Furthermore, Smith said that they like Illinois, but Duke is Duke. Nike is a client of the company I work for, so we do have contact with the Chicago HS B-Ball coaches. Take it for what it's worth though.

Jabari is a one and done player no matter where he goes. He would be skipping college if it were allowed.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
Jabari is a one and done player no matter where he goes. He would be skipping college if it were allowed.

To be he's actually not. He isn't overly athletic. He gets by on technical skills and smarts rather than athleticism. Most guys that are one-and-done players are really athletic. I think he won't be as immediate an impact freshman as people think.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)
To be he's actually not. He isn't overly athletic. He gets by on technical skills and smarts rather than athleticism. Most guys that are one-and-done players are really athletic. I think he won't be as immediate an impact freshman as people think.

Remember, he is just a soph. He will dominate by the time he is a senior.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)

Yeah, cerebral players really aren't one and done unless they could jump out the gym or outrun a cheetah. For a guy like Jabari, he'll take a year or two to get used to the game, dominate, then go pro. Think of guys like James Harden and Brandon Roy.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)

Not dispelling your story, but Coach K has offered many sophomores before Jabari. Here's one in JP Tokoto for instance.

http://test.wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/bl...&id=1058128

That's one facet of his recruiting tactics that has annoyed UNC fans over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

Angelo Chol looks to be a bit less likely for UNC, and big man shot blocker Desmond Hubert, who is a project with his limited offensive skills has been offered. Still some hope for Shabezz Muhammed, and Chol, but I don't think Carolina is the frontrunner for either at this point. Might end up with Goodwin & Hubert.

I haven't been on in a while, what is your opinion about Marcus Paige, as the future point guard for my Tarheels. Seems like he is very solid, but needs to fill out a bit, and is not a ultra quick type like Felton/Lawson. Wondering what some of you guys more familiar with Iowa high school scene think about him.

• 2 weeks later...

Iowa just pulled in a big pull in Lomax (out of Dematha). They are in the final picture on two other Dematha guys in Cooper and Cyrus. Both would be huge gets.

Cooper is between Iowa and Michigan.

Cyrus is between Auburn, Bama, and Iowa.

Given how much crap has fallen on Iowa as of late, I'd be stunned if Kirk were to pull it off, but if he did, this would be the best recruiting class (on paper) for Iowa in the history of my life.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
Iowa just pulled in a big pull in Lomax (out of Dematha). They are in the final picture on two other Dematha guys in Cooper and Cyrus. Both would be huge gets.

Cooper is between Iowa, Michigan, and MSU.

Cyrus is between Auburn, Bama, and Iowa.

Given how much crap has fallen on Iowa as of late, I'd be stunned if Kirk were to pull it off, but if he did, this would be the best recruiting class (on paper) for Iowa in the history of my life.

Hawks got Cooper!!! Cyrus is down to Bama & Auburn (Iowa is out).