Official Recruiting Thread II

Think it will be Iowa State or Indiana for Anthony Lee. He randomly just started following Crean, IndianaMBB, and Robert Johnson (Indiana signee) on twitter yesterday out of nowhere. Follows no other team or coach, so it's at least a minor positive sign he's interested. Think he's visiting ISU soon.

Indiana has a big need in the frontcourt and will have open scholarships. I was told to expect up to 3 transfers.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 07:39 AM)
Think it will be Iowa State or Indiana for Anthony Lee. He randomly just started following Crean, IndianaMBB, and Robert Johnson (Indiana signee) on twitter yesterday out of nowhere. Follows no other team or coach, so it's at least a minor positive sign he's interested. Think he's visiting ISU soon.

Indiana has a big need in the frontcourt and will have open scholarships. I was told to expect up to 3 transfers.

Any word who?

I wouldn't be surprised if Hollowell leaves.

I've heard for months Hollowell wants out, just like Ronnie Johnson from Purdue. They want to play together somewhere. Colorado or Washington would be ideal for them, if you catch my drift...

Other names I've heard were Perea, Etherington, and Jurkin. We will see...

I'd assume playing time for all three of Hollowell/Perea/Etherington. With the two dynamic guards we have coming in in Blackmon/Johnson (to go along with Williams/Robinson/Yogi already on board), there's just not much time for Hollowell/Etherington, as neither has shown the ability to be consistant or shoot. As for Perea, he hasn't seen the floor in weeks. He may stay, but it's looking more and more like Indiana is going to pick up Anthony Lee.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 11:53 AM)
I'd assume playing time for all three of Hollowell/Perea/Etherington. With the two dynamic guards we have coming in in Blackmon/Johnson (to go along with Williams/Robinson/Yogi already on board), there's just not much time for Hollowell/Etherington, as neither has shown the ability to be consistant or shoot. As for Perea, he hasn't seen the floor in weeks. He may stay, but it's looking more and more like Indiana is going to pick up Anthony Lee.

He did say IU is the frontrunner, but he also said he doesn't want to make a decision until after the Championship Game, so I'm not getting excited yet.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 05:42 PM)
Ihsa maybe single handedly ruining any chance Illinois has at Brunson.

I'll let you explain more since you're there and were giving me all the info but that was one of the more bizarre things ever to follow. What a joke that whole thing was.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)
I'll let you explain more since you're there and were giving me all the info but that was one of the more bizarre things ever to follow. What a joke that whole thing was.

Yeah, whatchu talkin bout Willis?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)

This is the just of it.

http://www.highschoolcubenews.com/news_art...errer_id=596370

Rick Brunson was heard telling the IHSA that if Jalen is suspended, he will take his kid out of state next year and will never play for an Illinois team. Everything was resolved at the very last second.

Here is the pic in question. I admit it looks really bad but it's a mixture of technology and social media snowballing something that was nothing.

image.jpg

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 10:21 AM)
This is the just of it.

http://www.highschoolcubenews.com/news_art...errer_id=596370

Rick Brunson was heard telling the IHSA that if Jalen is suspended, he will take his kid out of state next year and will never play for an Illinois team. Everything was resolved at the very last second.

Here is the pic in question. I admit it looks really bad but it's a mixture of technology and social media snowballing something that was nothing.

That's absurd. IHSA is a joke all around.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 08:01 PM)
Matt Carlino transferring and can play right away. Hoosiers a player or too much bad blood there?

Haven't heard anything, but I can't imagine moving across the country to Bloomington as a sophomore in high school, or later to go to UCLA (and then BYU) doesn't bode well for him coming back. And honestly, I'm not worried about our guards for next year. It's the little-to-no post depth that will be the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 07:26 PM)
Illinois looking to land OL Megginson and possibly one more recruit tonight. Would be huge for us, and a fantastic addition to a solid start for the 2015 class.

That's a great get. Was getting offers from all over the country.