Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Hired WHAT as a writer? I didn't know those boys can even write their name. Let's take bets on how long he will last here.'

Okay, what exactly has Dok Hendrix done that allows him to keep this job?

Better yet, what kind of stroke does he have that they have to hire minorities while he's away?

I just bought wrestlemania 1-22 anthology... im pumped for it, hated spending my money, but damn, what an offer.

Oh and another question: Does anyone here actually buy the PPV's?? I mean, 40 dollars a shot for 3 hours is ridiculous to me.. when you can buy 12+ ppv's at end of the year for 100$...

Edited by CryptviLL

Anyone think MVP could be champion within the year?

Heres a list of my fav. wrestlers:

1. Chris Jericho - Good theme, Good wrester, Submission

2. Benoit - Good theme, Good Wrestler, Submission

3. Kurt Angle - Good theme, Good wrestler, Submission

4. Shawn michaels - Good theme, Good Wrestler, Submission (Sharpshooter)

5. RVD - Good Theme, Good Wrestler, Not really submission

6. MVP - Good Theme, Good Wrestler, No submission (as far as I know)

I think if MVP could create a good submission hold, like the angle lock, crossface, walls of jericho, sharpshooter, he could really become of the elk of these competitors... I think RVD had the same problem as MVP does with the submission moves. Submission moves are so fun to incorporate into the match, especially when the submission means something like the Walls of Jericho, or Cross face etc.

I duno maybe im thinking weirdly, it just seems almost all of my favorite to watch wrestlers have a submission, and a good style/theme/look.

Jericho/Benoit/Michaels all sport the colorful long pants. MVP, RVD, and Angle had the colorful suit.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ May 1, 2008 -> 12:17 PM)
Anyone think MVP could be champion within the year?

Heres a list of my fav. wrestlers:

1. Chris Jericho - Good theme, Good wrester, Submission

2. Benoit - Good theme, Good Wrestler, Submission

3. Kurt Angle - Good theme, Good wrestler, Submission

4. Shawn michaels - Good theme, Good Wrestler, Submission (Sharpshooter)

5. RVD - Good Theme, Good Wrestler, Not really submission

6. MVP - Good Theme, Good Wrestler, No submission (as far as I know)

I think if MVP could create a good submission hold, like the angle lock, crossface, walls of jericho, sharpshooter, he could really become of the elk of these competitors... I think RVD had the same problem as MVP does with the submission moves. Submission moves are so fun to incorporate into the match, especially when the submission means something like the Walls of Jericho, or Cross face etc.

I duno maybe im thinking weirdly, it just seems almost all of my favorite to watch wrestlers have a submission, and a good style/theme/look.

Jericho/Benoit/Michaels all sport the colorful long pants. MVP, RVD, and Angle had the colorful suit.

Good lord I think this is the longest post I have ever seen from you.

I think MVP is on the verge of getting a major push. He is getting a good reputation for being a student of the industry and he is really good at being a heel. He has been fun to watch and I never took my eyes off of him during the MITB ladder match at Mania. I really thought he was going to win that, although Im not upset at how he lost it, I like the rivalry that him and Matt Hardy had developed.

Does MVP even have a finisher?

Playmaker, and I read on wiki that he has the crossface in dedication to benoit.. but i have yet to seen it.

Good lord I think this is the longest post I have ever seen from you.

I think MVP is on the verge of getting a major push. He is getting a good reputation for being a student of the industry and he is really good at being a heel. He has been fun to watch and I never took my eyes off of him during the MITB ladder match at Mania. I really thought he was going to win that, although Im not upset at how he lost it, I like the rivalry that him and Matt Hardy had developed.

haha werd, yeah, hopefully, he currently is my favorite wrestler out of all 3 brands.

I'll do a list of my favorites, but I won't include theme music because when I first got into wrestling almost no one had themes.

I'll just list the reasons I like them.

1. Mick Foley - great on the mic, crazy risk taker, great as a face, comic heel or serious heel.

2. Bruiser Brody - his flying kneedrop was one of my favorite moves, and he was great in that intense/psycho heel role. He almost never played a face, and the few times I saw him play one were really uncomfortable. It just didn't suit him.

3. Nick Bockwinkel - my first favorite wrestler, solid all-around worker - good promos, good workrate, told a good story in the ring. Plus, he had Bobby Heenan as a manager, even though Bockwinkel didn't need a mouthpiece.

4. Steve Austin - again, very interesting promos (he got a little stale, then did the WHAT? thing, and then that got a little stale as well, but overall very fun to listen to), he could work funny or serious equally well, he has probably my favorite finisher ever, and he represents to me maybe my favorite era of wrestling (Monday Night Wars/Attitude Era).

5. Adrian Adonis (before he went to WWE) - this is kind of my dark horse. I loved the East-West Connection (his tag team with Jesse Ventura) - Adonis was a cocky, athletic heel who was very under-rated both in the ring and on the mic. I hated what he became in WWE, but it kept him in the business so it was better than nothing.

Honorable mention:

Ric Flair

Arn Anderson

Billy Robinson

Kurt Angle

Christian Cage

Managers:

Bobby Heenan

Jim Cornette

Paul Heyman (aka Paul E. Dangerously)

Paul Ellering

Sunny :wub: :D

The Managers list makes me miss the old days of managers and stables. I loved the Dangerous Alliance and of course whatever Heenan did.

Sunny was underrated as a manager. She was hot and that was what she was known for, but she was a very good talker and had a great brain for the business.

Cornette in the NWA was phenomenal. I can't think of a great manager as of recently. Estrada could be.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 1, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
The Managers list makes me miss the old days of managers and stables. I loved the Dangerous Alliance and of course whatever Heenan did.

Sunny was underrated as a manager. She was hot and that was what she was known for, but she was a very good talker and had a great brain for the business.

Cornette in the NWA was phenomenal. I can't think of a great manager as of recently. Estrada could be.

Estrada could have been if he wasn't so criminally underutilized.

Frustrating how Vince hates managers at a time when he also loves giant steroid freaks who can't form a sentence if they had a gun to their heads. Also frustrating how he'll hire any piece of ass who walks past Titan Tower, yet he won't hire any managers who might actually make his shows more interesting to watch.

I'll run this off the top of my head, seems like limiting it to 5 is the way to go...

1. Ric Flair- no brainer, love his act and the way he evolved his character in the twilight of his career, I still laugh everytime riding Space Mountain is referenced.

2. Mick Foley- just an absolute freak. His interviews are epic and he delivers in the ring. Had a chance to meet him and he was one of the nicest people you could hope to meet.

3. Hulk Hogan- Going all time, he HAS to be on it. I'll give you he is odd and turned into a pain in his later years, but he was in his prime when I was young and getting into wrestling.

4. The Sandman- Yeah, total garbage wrestling, but still entertaining as hell.

5. RVD- spectacular, easily worth the price of admission at all the ECW shows in Chicago

Honorable mentions

-The Dudley Boyz in ECW- their act in ECW was tremendous, they were a heat machine.

-Couple of Japanese wrestlers that I followed via the tape trade that I didn't see enough of to crack the top 5 but are worth mentioning; Matsunga "Mr. Danger", Mr. Pogo, Hayabusa, Takayama (if only for his MMA match with Don Frye)

-currently, I like the work of the American Dragon

Edited by SoxFan562004

All-time favorites right off the top of my head.

1. Bret Hart

2. Ric Flair

3. Steve Austin

4. RVD

5. Mr. Perfect

Currently, the list would be something like

1. Kennedy

2. MVP

3. CM Punk (if you have a chance to check out any of his ROH stuff, please do.)

4. Jericho

5. JBL

John Anthony Carelli (Santino Marella) was arrested in Tampa at about 3 a.m. last night for a DUI He was released this morning on $500 bond. Reportedly his blood alcohol level for 0.06, which is below the 0.08 legal limit. Carelli was reportedly out drinking with several developmental wrestlers and Kevin Thorn, Vladimir Kozlov and Katie Lea.

He may still be prosecuted due to failing field sobriety tests and because the blood test was hours after his being pulled over.

per the Observer.

I couldn't agree more! I got into wrestling around late 98. But i've watched many other PPV's, and the managers always seemed to go great with a good tag team.. Maybe thats what the tag team division is lacking nowadays, managers to glue things together?

Love the Mick Foley refrences as well, that man was awesome as whatever, a heel, face, survivor series 1998 comes to my mind when thinking about him and how well everything played out around him, from going to heel to face.

HEY, EVERYBODY!!!

WANNA VOMIT????

[courtesy Lords Of Pain, of course]

The Hollywood Reporter (THR.com) is reporting that Hulk Hogan's new celebrity wrestling show has been picked up and will debut on cable channel CMT this fall.

"Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling" will feature celebrities competing for the title of Celebrity All-Star Wrestling Champion.

According to Prowrestling.net, Trishelle Cannatella of MTV "Real World" fame has signed as the first celebrity contestant. Contestants who appear on the CMT show will be paid $40,000 for roughly one month of filming.

Hulk Hogan and producer Eric Bischoff will serve as two of the three judges.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ May 5, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)
Jonathan Coachman has signed a deal with ESPN, so he is done with WWE.

Win/Win.

WWE loses a s***ty announcer, and the Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network gains a s***ty announcer.

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 1, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)
Estrada could have been if he wasn't so criminally underutilized.

Frustrating how Vince hates managers at a time when he also loves giant steroid freaks who can't form a sentence if they had a gun to their heads. Also frustrating how he'll hire any piece of ass who walks past Titan Tower, yet he won't hire any managers who might actually make his shows more interesting to watch.

And give guys stuttering gimmicks after they've been down in OVW for a year working on promos.