Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually enjouyed Hostel 2. Thought it was better than the 1st. Dont' know if that is saying a whole lot, but it enteratined me.

Saw Hellboy 2 last night at the dollar threatre by me and while it wasn't great it was entertaining. I'd recommend it to anyone whose a fan of such genre.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 09:27 PM)
I actually enjouyed Hostel 2. Thought it was better than the 1st. Dont' know if that is saying a whole lot, but it enteratined me.

Which is exactly the point, was it entertaining.

If you guys were looking for some award winning movie you should have never watched it in the first place but it was indeed entertaining

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 11:27 PM)

If you guys were looking for some award winning movie you should have never watched it in the first place but it was indeed entertaining

No I was looking to be entertained, not watch the same exact movie I saw the 1st time around.

1st one, good stuff. 2nd one, not so much.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
'The Godfather' is playing at the indie theater here. Was it re released for some reason?? Anniversary? Digitally enhanced?

I know it is being released on Blu Ray for the first time this week.

I was entertained in a gross out way from the first one. The second one was boring and had a stupid ending, so no, I was not entertained.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
"Lakeview Terrace" was ok. Nothing special. Kind of movie that reminds you that Sam Jackson can act and is a great bad guy. Thing is, I'm not sure if I hated him or not until the end.

I have absolutely no desire to see that movie, and I won't. But, I noticed that Ebert gave it four stars. Can you explain why that might be?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 10:26 AM)
I have absolutely no desire to see that movie, and I won't. But, I noticed that Ebert gave it four stars. Can you explain why that might be?

Apparently it is the same as "Unlawful Entry" with Kurt Russell

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)

Eberts review is what made me go see it. I would give it 2.5 stars. There's more to it than just hated neighbors.

It's around an interracial couple and Ebert has a black wife.

Ebert's been way off this year on some of his positive reviews as well. 3 out of 4 stars for Hancock?

I saw Lakeview Terrace with my black gf last Monday, and it wasn't anything special. She hated it however.