White Sox vs. Tigers, 7/24/07 (DH)Game 2(W)

vandy125

These last two hits have been crushed.

Floyd isn't fooling anyone.

Oh, and I sure envy other teams moving first to third on hard-hit singles to the CF. Rarely see it occur with this ballclub.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
Weird route by Rob on that sac fly.

Looked like he was setting up for a throw home, then kinda drifted and stopped, and soft-tossed it to 2nd.

6-1 Los Tigres.

Infielders do that when they play out of position.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
Infielders do that when they play out of position.

Very good point.

I guess since he's played so much outfield for the Sox I expected him to think and play like an outfielder.

My mistake.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
Not a good way to finish, Gavin. Some bad breaks tonight, but overall a dissapointing start.

Can't wait for the next doubleheader...or worse yet, if he's the replacement for [traded starter]

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
Very good point.

I guess since he's played so much outfield for the Sox I expected him to think and play like an outfielder.

My mistake.

To think, he was originally brought in to backup Crede and play some infield. Then we made him a CF>

This is honestly embarrassing to watch. Floyd just isn't the recepient of bad luck; he's terrible.

Williams needs to reassure everyone again how we're not seeing the real Gavin Floyd. Because from what I've seen in two starts, there should be some people within our organization sweating.

Our future depends upon the return value of traded players. That's obvious with our draft results and reluctance to overpay in the free agent market. Receiving one dependable major league player for McCarthy and none (to now) for Garcia won't help us much.

That's why I hope everyone doesn't just blow off this upcoming deadline. We desperately need a heist. I've seen quotes around here recently that echo that same sentiment. Productive, cheap players have to come up and balance out the cost of higher priced veterans. We can't do this from within, alone.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
This is honestly embarrassing to watch. Floyd just isn't the recepient of bad luck; he's terrible.

Williams needs to reassure everyone again how we're not seeing the real Gavin Floyd. Because from what I've seen in two starts, there should be some people within our organization sweating.

Our future depends upon the return value of traded players. That's obvious with our draft results and reluctance to overpay in the free agent market. Receiving one dependable major league player for McCarthy and none (to now) for Garcia won't help us much.

That's why I hope everyone doesn't just blow off this upcoming deadline. We desperately need a heist. I've seen quotes around here recently that echo that same sentiment. Productive, cheap players have to come up and balance out the cost of higher priced veterans. We can't do this from within, alone.

What do you think of Hu or Escobar for SS.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:08 PM)
You know what makes me so pissed off....seeing Cubs players contribute once they're called up from the minors.

Thats because the people they have brought up, have thought line drive first. They have though oppo field first. Our guys are trying to pick which car to hit on the dan ryan. Its the same reason Garko is hitting as well as he is for the Indians, and our guys are hitting in the mid 200's and lower.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
What do you think of Hu or Escobar for SS.

I'd love Hu at shortstop. Don't know if it's too reasonable to expect him. Escobar would be an interesting option. Prefer him to Renteria and his salary.

With Escobar, in constrast with Uribe, you'd have shortstop capable of showing patience. Problem is, he's not exactly the high ceiling prospect I'd prefer from any starter dealt.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
I'd love Hu at shortstop. Don't know if it's too reasonable to expect him. Escobar would be an interesting option. Prefer him to Renteria.

Hu should be someone we are targetting. He is the type of hitter we dont have, a line drive gap hitter. His defense is supposedly good also.

Can't wait to watch Floyd's next outing. I mean that. Hopefully he matures! And hopefully for him, the great defensive catcher AJ Pierzynski will call his game instead of the not-so-great defensive catcher Toby Hall. And hopefully for him, he's facing the International League, or whatever the Major League equivelant is (the Sox? Not since the break, but who knows). And hopefully for him, nothing goes wrong in the field, at all.

Really, I'm not being too positive, but I do look forward to his starts. Better this year than next.

Just to throw this out there; Aaron Rowand's stats tonight: 3 for 4 with 3 runs and 1HR. He is now batting .330 / 15HR /55RBI.

IMO I would rather have Rowand than the big dumb Hillbilly Jim Thome. Thome is useless, unless you need a guy who can get you 30HR a year all coming in the 2nd or 3rd inning.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 07:04 PM)

He must have incriminating photos on Williams. He is horrible. :o :o :o

QUOTE(GoGoWhiteSox! @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:18 PM)
Just to throw this out there; Aaron Rowand's stats tonight: 3 for 4 with 3 runs and 1HR. He is now batting .330 / 15HR /55RBI.

IMO I would rather have Rowand than the big dumb Hillbilly Jim Thome. Thome is useless, unless you need a guy who can get you 30HR a year all coming in the 2nd or 3rd inning.

Stick to calling The Score.

BTW, what did you say Colorado Sox Fan?