White Sox vs. Tigers, 7/24/07 (DH)Game 2(W)

vandy125

QUOTE(GoGoWhiteSox! @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:18 PM)
Just to throw this out there; Aaron Rowand's stats tonight: 3 for 4 with 3 runs and 1HR. He is now batting .330 / 15HR /55RBI.

IMO I would rather have Rowand than the big dumb Hillbilly Jim Thome. Thome is useless, unless you need a guy who can get you 30HR a year all coming in the 2nd or 3rd inning.

I remember Aaron Rowand hitting .245/.235 in August/September of 05, and taking the playoffs off from a bat perspective. But then again Thome doesnt throw himself into the wall and make his face bloody. I hope we dont sign rowand just so the rowand fanboys can have something to complain about.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
Stick to calling The Score.

BTW, what did you say Colorado Sox Fan?

I wonder if he is posting on talkbears, talking about how the greatest qb in the history of football is wasting his time on our bench. The one, the only, Kyle "his right shoulder is a f***ing bolt from thor" Orton.

QUOTE(GoGoWhiteSox! @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:18 PM)
Just to throw this out there; Aaron Rowand's stats tonight: 3 for 4 with 3 runs and 1HR. He is now batting .330 / 15HR /55RBI.

IMO I would rather have Rowand than the big dumb Hillbilly Jim Thome. Thome is useless, unless you need a guy who can get you 30HR a year all coming in the 2nd or 3rd inning.

Jim Thome had more home runs in the 8th inning last season than he did any other inning.

No I could care less about the bears, and I also wouldn't be caught dead calling into the score...except for maybe during Boers and Bernstein. I can't stand M. Murphey.

Seriously though, besides Rowand there are numerous other guys K.W. traded away or released thinking he knows more than all other GMs. Damaso Marte: having a great year, Rowand: nough said, L. Vizcaino: also having a good year in the Bronx, B. Mccarthy: was off to bad start, but has been fantastic since coming off DL.

My point is it's pretty rare for a team to win the World Series, especially in Chicago, so why the f*** would you immediately start dismantling the team after you win. Ridiculous!!

QUOTE(GoGoWhiteSox! @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
No I could care less about the bears, and I also wouldn't be caught dead calling into the score...except for maybe during Boers and Bernstein. I can't stand M. Murphey.

Seriously though, besides Rowand there are numerous other guys K.W. traded away or released thinking he knows more than all other GMs. Damaso Marte: having a great year, Rowand: nough said, L. Vizcaino: also having a good year in the Bronx, B. Mccarthy: was off to bad start, but has been fantastic since coming off DL.

My point is it's pretty rare for a team to win the World Series, especially in Chicago, so why the f*** would you immediately start dismantling the team after you win. Ridiculous!!

You must have short term memory, or use the WS DVD as a basis of fact for the entire season.

You must of forgot the part where Marte, quit on the team during the playoff run. I know that wasnt in chapter two and all, but it did happen. And he was more likely to plunk a lefty than get him out. And if you remember the hocus pocus El Duque miracle at Fenway was due to Marty Party loading the bases with no outs.

Vizcaino. Are you sure you remember the 05 season. LOL

I am sure you are upset as well that Geoff "Clutch" Blumm is not longer a member of the team.

Or Carl 'Heart of a Dragon' Everett is in the DH hole.

I love when a connection with a player, becomes an obsession with futility.

QUOTE(GoGoWhiteSox! @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
so why the f*** would you immediately start dismantling the team after you win. Ridiculous!!

Because you're trying to make the team better, and more often than not when you win a WS and then you stand pat, the next season you don't reach those kind of heights again.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
Yeah, my guess is half were solo, and they all came when the Sox were down by 5+ runs

Before I do 15 minutes worth of research to prove you wrong - since you are wrong - I'll just say that last season Thome had 20 go ahead hits in 143 games while Konerko had 22 in 152 games.

Aaron Rowand has had 13 over his past 207 games.

Before I do 15 minutes worth of research to prove you wrong - since you are wrong - I'll just say that last season Thome had 20 go ahead hits in 143 games while Konerko had 22 in 152 games.

I never said I'm right. I said I'm guessing.

Seriously though, B. Mccarthy: was off to bad start, but has been fantastic since coming off DL.

Seriously though?

In four starts since coming off the DL, McCarthy is 0-3, 4.64 ERA, 21.1 innings pitched, 22 hits, 13 runs, 11 earned, 10 walks, 12 strikeouts, and hasn't gone more than 6 innings innings in any of the four starts. Fantastic is not the adjective I'd use.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)

Aaron Rowand has had 13 over his past 207 games.

Yeah, but RBI in the 2nd and 3rd innings only count for half a run on the scoreboard or something apparently.

BRING BACK THE FIRE AND THE PASSION

What the f*** is the difference? Your guess is wrong then.

The difference is the guess part. I never once said "I know Thome was unclutch and couldn't hit in late innings." It was a guess. Maybe I should have put a "I could be wrong" in there for you, since we all know you are never wrong.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)
Yeah, but RBI in the 2nd and 3rd innings only count for half a run on the scoreboard or something apparently.

BRING BACK THE FIRE AND THE PASSION

The first time he is back, takes a bad route, then needs to dive to recover and gets dirty. The crowd will go wild, and the Kyle Orton lovers will think they were right.

Dont get me wrong, I would like Rowand over what we have out there right now. But this mythical creature that was created doesnt exist.

Because you're trying to make the team better, and more often than not when you win a WS and then you stand pat, the next season you don't reach those kind of heights again.

I don't blame him for making moves. I just don't like the fact most of his moves blew

up in his face.