White Sox vs. Tigers, 7/24/07 (DH)Game 2(W)

vandy125

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 01:31 AM)
Owens has mastered the art of bunting directly into the path of an opposing player. Someone should tell him to do that every time, so by nature he'll do the opposite and find an open area of field.

I always did hate watching Nook Logan play....now we have our own version.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
Can we please put Hall on the DL? There's no reason to keep him on the roster right now.

Every moment he remains on this club only delays his return next season. I don't understand why he continues to play in this pitiful season. Just have him undergo surgery, rehabilitate, and hopefully be full strength by April.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:31 PM)
Owens has mastered the art of bunting directly into the path of an opposing player. Someone should tell him to do that every time, so by nature he'll do the opposite and find an open area of field.

We dont teach these things in the minors, so you think they will learn it here. We have a coach that is still employed that told people about perfect storms, and flipping cards.

The only thing we teach in the minors, is dip your back shoulder, cheat on the pitch a bit, and swing as hard as you can.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
Pods really busted his ass on that fly ball. Hall calls just an awful game, as we pitch away from our defense. I honestly don't believe Floyd could ever go through this Tigers 1-5 without allowing a run.

To be fair, that last ball is caught by a Left Fielder. We just have the travelling groin show in left tonight for some reason.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
Way to shade him away on an inside pitch call

Either the coaching staff doesnt know how to setup the field to play to the strengths of the gameplan, or Prancer is blowing kisses to the crowd and is in his usual spot that he doesnt move from.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 01:41 AM)
To be fair, that last ball is caught by a Left Fielder. We just have the travelling groin show in left tonight for some reason.

I'm shocked the headline for the first game wasn't that Pods sparks team in his return.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 01:42 AM)
Either the coaching staff doesnt know how to setup the field to play to the strengths of the gameplan, or Prancer is blowing kisses to the crowd and is in his usual spot that he doesnt move from.

But just think of the joy he brought some overweight teenage girl.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
I have been watching the whole game, but just came in the thread, so I aplogize if this has already been said. Floyd has not been great, thats obvious, however Hall is not doing him ANY favors. A few of us talked about it last game he caught, but his pitch selection leaves alot to be desired, and can't throw a lick. As it stands, he brings very little to the club..

Floyd hasnt been all that bad. He should have given up a 3 spot so far. Mack forgot to catch a fly ball. And our defensive alignment is on opposite day. We throw in, we shade away. We throw away, we play for pull.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)

I could understand not shading the direction a pitcher/catcher are setting up. Hitters would quickly catch on if a fielder was constantly moving depending upon a catcher placing their mits inside or outside homeplate.

Anyways, there's no guarantee the pitcher throws to the spot the catcher has targeted.

I have to imagine Podsednik was set up according to Polanco's hit chart. Problem is, his speed has practically disappeared and his arm is the suck

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Hopefully by next week, we are looking at some different players. I dont trust our capabilty to draft, and prepare our own players. I would rather see what another team has prepared. This offseason, I would like to see a member of a good system come over and take over the minor league development. Get rid of the lift and pull hitting coaches. Find some good glove guys, and some good roving hitting coaches, and lets start a process where the entire minor league system preaches the same thing. We all pull on the same rope. You bunt, you run, you hit, you play unselfish. You learn how to play the game the right way. And in few years we will see something.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
I could understand not shading the direction a pitcher/catcher are setting up. Hitters would quickly catch on if a fielder was constantly moving depending upon a catcher placing their mits inside or outside homeplate.

Anyways, there's no guarantee the pitcher throws to the spot the catcher has targeted.

I have to imagine Podsednik was set up according to Polanco's hit chart. Problem is, his speed has practically disappeared and his arm is the suck

Podsednik sets up in one spot, and doesnt move. He usually sits somewhere the warning track.

The ball that Pods didnt catch, hung up for a bit. If he had medicore speed he would of caught up to it.