Santana Questions His Future with Twins

Balance

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 11:31 AM)
I would dump half our payroll to sign him. he is that good.

I understand where all of you are coming from, and I understand why someone will probably give him 8/200 or more, but still, I think you always have to be conscious of the injury issue, even with pitchers who have been healthy for several years.

Id love to have him but how can Santana think about leaving when they could have one of the best staffs in the league next year and very well win the division. Granted they might be losing Hunter, which for some reason I think he will resign with the Twins, all they really need is a solid leadoff bat in that lineup to replace Castillo and they might be set.

Johan Santana

Francisco Liriano (if healthy)

Matt Garza

Boof Bonser

Baker/Silva

Sick staff and to go along with a great bullpen.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
Think they'd be interested in Erstad/Podsednik?

Haha, a big no to Erstad, if Podsednik was for sure healthy and hitting I dont see a team who wouldnt want him.

Knowing the Twins they will find some player in their minors to get the job done.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 01:35 PM)
No good GM will give him eight years, but his agent isn't Boras, and so I don't think it'll take THAT much. Who knows.

nor will a sane owner agree to that type of investment.

Seeing as how a couple pitchers have gotten 7 years before, and a few hitters have gotten 8-10 years, it's completely realistic that he'll go for more than 8/$200.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 06:21 PM)
Personally, I hope he remains in Minnesota as a face of their franchise after giving some kind of discount.

I have difficulty imagining the discount he'd have to give them to fit into their budget. He'd still get like 25% of the team's total salary on his own.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:21 PM)
Personally, I hope he remains in Minnesota as a face of their franchise after giving some kind of discount.

I'd much rather have him out of the AL Central. I'd especially like to see him with the Mets so he can face the Braves 5-6 times a year.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
I'd much rather have him out of the AL Central. I'd especially like to see him with the Mets so he can face the Braves 5-6 times a year.

:lol:

I don't care if we face him. I prefer that we do, because I like to watch the best and I love it when my favorite team beats the best. And in my perfect world, we'd stop conceding games to him and just f***ing hit.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
:lol:

I don't care if we face him. I prefer that we do, because I like to watch the best and I love it when my favorite team beats the best. And in my perfect world, we'd stop conceding games to him and just f***ing hit.

I don't think we "concede" anything to Santana. The guy is one of the best pitchers in the game. He makes a lot of teams look bad.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
I don't think we "concede" anything to Santana. The guy is one of the best pitchers in the game. He makes a lot of teams look bad.

To be fair, he makes a lot of teams look bad, but I know I'm not the only one who gets the impression that we mail it in or roll over and die everytime we face him.