Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 3, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
Wisconsin just tried a fake punt on 4th and 3 at their own 25 and don't get it. Really stupid decision by their coaching staff.

I've been watching the game all day and they've just rolled the dice way too often. Good effort on behalf of the Badgers, though.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 3, 2007 -> 01:49 PM)
Wisconsin just tried a fake punt on 4th and 3 at their own 25 and don't get it. Really stupid decision by their coaching staff.

Thats his MO. He needed all the breaks to try and take one away from the Bucks.

O-H

Magic number for OSU down to 2

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
Thats his MO. He needed all the breaks to try and take one away from the Bucks.

O-H

Magic number for OSU down to 2

I understand being aggressive and taking chances. But there is a difference between being really aggressive and taking risk and being stupid.

f*** yes....I'm watching my recorded version of the Iowa/NU game and damn is Christensen kicking ass. I realize the game is over (and I have no idea what the final score is) but right now for me Iowa just took a 10 point lead on a Simms TD.

But damn, Christensen seems to be showing off the skills that made him a pretty highly touted recruit. He's really handled all the heat he's gotten for the poor offense all season and is really starting to make strides. So are the Hawkeyes freshman receiving core (good lord is that WR core going to be ridiculous next year if they get some of there suspended players back and this crop stays healthy). The Oline will be top notch with the only major question being who will run the ball for them next year (and what will happen with the defense since the defense is an older unit while the offense is pretty much all freshman/sophmores).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 3, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
I understand being aggressive and taking chances. But there is a difference between being really aggressive and taking risk and being stupid.

He thinks he's Urban Meyer at times. Its the way you have to play a #1 team if you want an upset.

Wisco was limited to 12 yards on the ground. Ouch. Jenkins had a very bad game on defense, and I dont expect that many yards through the air against a team like this. Oh well, on to Illinois. Juice will need to put up some throws to make sure we dont just pack in the defense on Mendenhall

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)
He thinks he's Urban Meyer at times. Its the way you have to play a #1 team if you want an upset.

Wisco was limited to 12 yards on the ground. Ouch. Jenkins had a very bad game on defense, and I dont expect that many yards through the air against a team like this. Oh well, on to Illinois. Juice will need to put up some throws to make sure we dont just pack in the defense on Mendenhall

I think the only way we have a chance is if we win the turnover battle and they open up the offense and are able to connect for some big plays. I would love to see them take a shot deep to Benn early in the game to get the safeties off the line of scrimmage. There is no way against OSU's defense that we can rely solely on a run game.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 3, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
ND going for it on 4th down despite being in FG range and Navy stops them. Awful decision by Weiss. And an amazing play by the Navy LB.

Ya that was an awesome sack by the player. Games headed to OT (I love college fb OT). Come on Irish.