Sox vs KC 7:11 Start

jasonxctf

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
1 batter in a row.

2 batters in a row. Someone should also change the title. Jenks DOES NOT break the record.

But the sox win. :)

3 batters in a row.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
Perhaps if Jenks didn't have 8 days off, he would have been sharper tonight and kept the streak going.

Nope, he had a hitter 0-2 and threw him 2 crappy breaking balls, that's what got him.

On another note, hitters had been 0-30 with 18 k's and 0 walks against Bobby when the count went 0-2 this year, so that's another streak that ended tonight.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 10:07 PM)
Nope, he had a hitter 0-2 and threw him 2 crappy breaking balls, that's what got him.

On another note, hitters had been 0-30 with 18 k's and 0 walks against Bobby when the count went 0-2 this year, so that's another streak that ended tonight.

Actually, Farmer and Singleton mentioned how Jenks's fastball and curveball were up, something that doesn't happen with normal work.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
WOw, that surprises me. 'Roids??? :unsure: .363 in 124 at bats is actually almost respectable. But he is a career .260 hitter.

Well .375 in 128 at bats now, and not roids, he's just figured out how to beat all the drawn in infields he sees because of his speed now, plus he can bunt. And he's a career .270 hitter btw.

QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
Actually, Farmer and Singleton mentioned how Jenks's fastball and curveball were up, something that doesn't happen with normal work.

He left 2 curveballs up to Gathright, which he almost NEVER does when he's that far ahead in the count (SEE: batters with 0-2 and 1-2 counts against him's numbers) but he did this time and Gathright was just underneath it both times. As a result, he was afraid to throw another hook and Gathright's short quick swing got him on the fastball, which he had adjusted to after seeing a few of those too.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 10:11 PM)
Well .375 in 128 at bats now, and not roids, he's just figured out how to beat all the drawn in infields he sees because of his speed now, plus he can bunt. And he's a career .270 hitter btw.

... I was joking about the 'roids ... * cough cough Gary Matthews Jr. was defense and no hitting for long time too. So there is hope for Jerry Owens too ... when he is 40.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
... I was joking about the 'roids ... * cough cough Gary Matthews Jr. was defense and no hitting for long time too. So there is hope for Jerry Owens too ... when he is 40.

Owens is a way better baserunner than Joey is, but has not nearly the bat control and ability, so I wouldn't count on it.

QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)

Yeah, lets blame Ozzie. f***....Jenks hurt is ankle and the sox suck, why in god sakes would we try to trot him out early (and the Sox weren't in a game late in Seattle so they figured why push it).

Bobby had a tremendous streak and while he lost it he still got the save and thats all that matters.

I wish he'd have thrown the high heat again, like the one

pitch Gathright took, or buried a curveball.

Gathright was on all those pitches Bobby threw, though.

s***, he probably would have walked if Bobby would have done as I suggested.

It really was a good at bat.

Great feat, Bobby Jenks. It's a record that may be tied, but will never be broken.

Edited by greg775