Sox vs. Boston, 8/23 7:11 CT

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
His body can't handle a full season anymore and I think that's very clear.

He's 37. So it makes sense to give him a day off here and there. My reaction resulted from the multitudinous, infantile, daily Thome negatives that comes more from the Sox downward spiral than any true cause and effect.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm about 99% convinced at this point in time that Darin Erstad will be brought back next year as a reserve, which of course means he'll end up starting in 80% of his games played and spend a significant portion of the season on the DL.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
He's 37. So it makes sense to give him a day off here and there. My reaction resulted from the multitudinous, infantile, daily Thome negatives that comes more from the Sox downward spiral than any true cause and effect.

Yeah. He's thirty seven wtih a violent swing and a body that needs rest. He shouldn't really be seeing left-handers, either.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 12:01 PM)
Holy crap, AJ threw someone out stealing?

---------

Funny if Erstad is back next year as a reserve, which is precisely what he should have been THIS year.

A $3.5 million reserve is not a funny thing to me.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 02:05 PM)
Farmer is having a hard time getting over the large Red Sox crowd.

There always is that big Sawx contingent - more so than any other opponent (except the Cubs). And they are quite possibly the worst fans to have around too (as a whole - I'm sure there are some good ones). Worse than the Yanks or the Indians even.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 02:10 PM)
There always is that big Sawx contingent - more so than any other opponent (except the Cubs). And they are quite possibly the worst fans to have around too (as a whole - I'm sure there are some good ones). Worse than the Yanks or the Indians even.

alot of them are former cubs fans who converted in 2004

KW should be ashamed of himself for not trying hard to trade Garland and Thome at the deadline this year. I also don't know what's more embarassing.....how many Red Sox fans there are today compared to White Sox fans, or the fact that Andy Gonzalez is the only substitute we have for Jim Thome today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)
I also don't know what's more embarassing.....how many Red Sox fans there are today compared to White Sox fans, or the fact that Andy Gonzalez is the only substitute we have for Jim Thome today.

Are you f***ing kidding me...??? White Sox fans had 14 hours notice that this game was going to be played. Half of the Red Sox fans are here for the weekend and don't have to work. The other half are Cub fans who don't work anyway. It's not like the place is filled with 20K RS fans. There's maybe 12K TOTAL fans there right now.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 07:41 PM)
Are you f***ing kidding me...??? White Sox fans had 14 hours notice that this game was going to be played. Half of the Red Sox fans are here for the weekend and don't have to work. The other half are Cub fans who don't work anyway. It's not like the place is filled with 20K RS fans. There's maybe 12K TOTAL fans there right now.

That's a good point.....I was just going off of what Farmer was ranting about. I have never heard him so disappointed about a crowd as he was today. The funny thing is that listening to the radio, you would think it was a game being broadcasted from Fenway.

What's the status of tonight's game looking like, in terms of weather?

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)

According to Ed the place has about 100K of the 'Nation" there. The fact is Sox fans are not going to rearrange their day to get to the game at 1:00 today. The thing I find really stupid is why not play it tomorrow when the forecast is for 78 and sunny. Start at noon...oh wait they are the Fox game aren't they......