Game thread Friday September 7

29andPoplar

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 10:59 PM)
Why are they working on slug bunts with Prancer and not with Owens.

I don't know that "they" are working at it. I have heard them say Pods is working on it in bp and games. That's the second time I've seen him do it for a hit this week.

Yes, yes the injuries suck and all that. There's a huge difference between the confidence, ability, and technique of 30yr old Pods and a rookie.

Remember how Pods' .330 OBP cost us the season last year but the team 4.61 ERA didn't?

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Sep 8, 2007 -> 04:06 AM)
I don't know that "they" are working at it. I have heard them say Pods is working on it in bp and games. That's the second time I've seen him do it for a hit this week.

Yes, yes the injuries suck and all that. There's a huge difference between the confidence, ability, and technique of 30yr old Pods and a rookie.

Remember how Pods' .330 OBP cost us the season last year but the team 4.61 ERA didn't?

I remember our offense being amongst the worst in the majors during the 2nd half of the season with Pods as the catalyst.

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:06 PM)

Pods can use it in his new career as a 4th OF and late inning pinch runner. Good job and god speed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:08 PM)
I remember our offense being amongst the worst in the majors during the 2nd half of the season with Pods as the catalyst.

He must of missed the .241 BA and .296 OBP and s***ty defense he had as a leadoff hitter in the 2nd half of last year.

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:12 PM)
Yet the 2nd half of 06 offense still slaughtered the entire year 05 offense.

The 05 offense sucked, the late 06 offense sucked, and the 07 offense sucked. We are 05 champs because our pitching was out of its mind, and the offense decided to hit for a few weeks. In 06, our offense was a juggernaut in the first half, then decided to die. This year, it was a combination of unseasonably cold weather, and something wrong with the way our coaches flipped the cards.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:09 PM)
f*** THAT BULLs*** ARGUMENT!

Nobody with a quarter of a brain argued that, and if you don't know that, then I'm sorry for you.

I can't vouch for the size of people's brains, but Pods was certainly right at the top of people's (on this board) complaint list above Buehrle, Garland, Vazquez, Garcia, Cotts, etc.

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:16 PM)
I can't vouch for the size of people's brains, but Pods was certainly right at the top of people's (on this board) complaint list above Buehrle, Garland, Vazquez, Garcia, Cotts, etc.

The pitching sucked last year. Are you okay now.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that Prancer sucks as well.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 8, 2007 -> 12:15 AM)
The 05 offense sucked, the late 06 offense sucked, and the 07 offense sucked. We are 05 champs because our pitching was out of its mind, and the offense decided to hit for a few weeks. In 06, our offense was a juggernaut in the first half, then decided to die. This year, it was a combination of unseasonably cold weather, and something wrong with the way our coaches flipped the cards.

I'd hang it on the players being injured and having off years, rather than on the coaches.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:25 PM)
Why hasn't Terrero gotten any work in RF with Dye being out? Why must we be force-fed Erstad on a daily basis when we could be watching a younger, more talented player?

Erstad is a starter. He just moves positions every day.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
The pitching sucked last year. Are you okay now.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that Prancer sucks as well.

Hey, I'm cooperating here. I don't want Pods on the team next year and am rather certain he won't be.

I do recall the player receiving the highest volume of complaints last year being Pods (though, yes, there were many other reasonable people who noted it was the team pitching), which I thought was comical at the time, and even moreso looking at this year where we're dying to have more players with a .330 OBP.

Meanwhile, Pods slap bunts of the past week are the hottest thing in Chi-town. Hotter than Oprah and Skiles and sandwiches combined.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:25 PM)
Why hasn't Terrero gotten any work in RF with Dye being out? Why must we be force-fed Erstad on a daily basis when we could be watching a younger, more talented player?

Ozzie is working an Erstad-Terrero poo-toon in right.

Edited by Vance Law

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:28 PM)
Hey, I'm cooperating here. I don't want Pods on the team next year and am rather certain he won't be.

I do recall the player receiving the highest volume of complaints last year being Pods (though, yes, there were many other reasonable people who noted it was the team pitching), which I thought was comical at the time, and even moreso looking at this year where we're dying to have more players with a .330 OBP.

Meanwhile, Pods slap bunts of the past week are the hottest thing in Chi-town. Hotter than Oprah and Skiles and sandwiches combined.

Well Prancer was playing all the time, so you got to see more of him striking out looking, not stealing, not getting on, and kicking balls in left. Those pitchers you mentioned got their boos, but only when they appeared which was every 5th day. It more of overexposure to a 4th OF playing in LF all of the time.