Game thread Friday September 7

29andPoplar

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only assume the purpose would have been to hide his velocity. Although I also understand if anyone is interested in Broadway they'll have scouts on hand with their own radar guns.

If not, what else could possibly explain consistent radar showing ALL night expect for Broadway? Am I supposed to believe the person responsible took a bathroom break and there's nothing more to it? I recall last season how, mysteriously, certain Freddy Garcia starts didn't have a radar gun available either.

Hey who killed Pres. Kennedy by the way? :)

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 10:07 PM)
I can only assume the purpose would have been to hide his velocity. Although I also understand if anyone is interested in Broadway they'll have scouts on hand with their own radar guns.

If not, what else could possibly explain consistent radar showing ALL night expect for Broadway? Am I supposed to believe the person responsible took a bathroom break and there's nothing more to it? I recall last season how, mysteriously, certain Freddy Garcia starts didn't have a radar gun available either.

Every fastball was 92 to 94 according to MLB gameday, which is very accurate, and his changeup was about 84. Happy, now go find those aliens that killed JFK.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Congrats to Thome for showing up in the 9th inning finally....needless to say, that wouldn't have happened if he was the tying run.

If you were an opposing pitcher and the game was close, would you give Thome anything to hit?

I can't recall ever seeing this questioned answered no matter how many times I've asked it.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:07 PM)
His stuff looking much more crisp than I ever saw at Charlotte, and gameday on MLB had him at 92 to 94, with an 84 changeup to strike out the 2nd batter. Maybe it was just adrenaline, but the pitches he threw looked good.

Very nice. Thank you for that.

For those of you like Flash who think Lance has Heath-esque stuff, straight from MLB gameday:

Broadway to Buscher:

92 fastball, called strike

92 fastball, ball

81 changeup, groundout to picher

Broadway to Heintz:

92 fastball, ball

93 fastball, called strike

85 changeup, ball

94 fastball, called strike

85 changeup, foul tip, (strikeout)

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 8, 2007 -> 03:10 AM)
If you were an opposing pitcher and the game was close, would you give Thome anything to hit?

I can't recall ever seeing this questioned answered no matter how many times I've asked it.

I was being 100 pct sarcastic though. And no, I'd pitch him carefully. However, he's had some good pitches to hit since he's been here in the situations we've discussed, and he hasn't done any damage with them.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:10 PM)

Either way, the tying run is on deck. Homer is pretty much the same thing as a walk at that point. Except for possible double plays. A walk is totally inexcusable .

Edited by ottawa_sox