Game thread Friday September 7

29andPoplar

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in the bottom of the 2nd and it is 2-1 Minnesota.

Thome drove in a run on a base hit between first and second base. Gardenhire did not have the Thome shift on. I wonder if TwinsTalk.com is skewering Gardenhire for that one.

As I type Uribe hits his 100th career HR and it's 3-2 White Sox.

If there's two hitters on the Sox that I'd think would destroy Silva, it's Thome and Uribe. I remember Uribe having a two homer game vs Silva early last season. Silva's sinker just seems like the perfect location for Thome's swing. The two offensive things I want to see the rest of the year are Thome get to 500 and Fields to 20.

Can anyone think of a single good reason as to why Jason Bourgeois has not been added to the 40 and promoted? It's not like the 40 man roster is loaded with talent or anything, half the guys on it could be released right now and it wouldn't negatively effect the future of this ballclub one bit.

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Sep 8, 2007 -> 02:46 AM)
Cintron did not have a play at 2nd on that high chopper, first was his only play. So he throws it poorly to 2nd and the run scores.

So, everyone is talking about how Cintron won't be back, but we want to make Gonzalez the utility player. My problem is that Gonzalez is so bad defensively, and he's bad offensively. Just cause you can bring a couple of gloves to the game, it doesn't mean you should be on a team's roster. I really hope neither of the guys are on the roster next year, and we find a way to get a better defensive utility player.

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 10:46 PM)
Cintron did not have a play at 2nd on that high chopper, first was his only play. So he throws it poorly to 2nd and the run scores.

Ouch. By your description, it sounds like the runner on third was holding.

The TV guys commenting on that Cintron goof up, the Sox caught another break because Punto did not take off from 3rd on contact, it was a real high chop and chances are he would have scored. No matter because Cintron throws it away.

Now Morneau with a hit and it's 6-4 with Hunter into 3rd. Breaking ball left up in the zone by Logan.

It's not Logan's night, Cudyher rips a single and its 7-4.

Good gosh, it is really not Logan's night. 3 run jack by Rondell White, 10-4. 17 hits for Minnesota tonight. Another hanging breaking ball by Logan.

Lance Broadway debuts.

Edited by 29andPoplar