White Sox V Cleveland

TLAK

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 05:03 AM)
Lol, these fans are drowning out Hawk and DJ.

So Flash, are you as thrilled as I am that when finishing off a horrible season and eliminated from the playoffs.....the reliever getting the most experience on the Sox is almost 40 years old? It's amazing how awful every single thing about this baseball season has been.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)
So Flash, are you as thrilled as I am that when finishing off a horrible season and eliminated from the playoffs.....the reliever getting the most experience on the Sox is almost 40 years old? It's amazing how awful every single thing about this baseball season has been.

Or that Erstad is a shadow starter.

Or that Greg is still employed.

Or that Cintron plays too much.

Or that Andy Gonzales is still out there too much.

Or that other guys in AAA with Frenchlike last names cant make it up here, yet crap on a stick is put out there every day.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)

It'd actually make sense if I Guillen come upfront and said he was purposely trying to lose. Giving time to Myers and Bukvich is ridiculous this late in the season. Although I can't complain much. They're helping us lose game after game.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 05:11 AM)
Or that Erstad is a shadow starter.

Or that Greg is still employed.

Or that Cintron plays too much.

Or that Andy Gonzales is still out there too much.

Or that other guys in AAA with Frenchlike last names cant make it up here, yet crap on a stick is put out there every day.

I've made no secret of the fact I want this team to lose every game the rest of the way. However, putting Cintron or Gonzalez at 3b every game is disrespectful to our pitching staff.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:12 AM)
That Broadway fastball is just so mediocre. I think we just saw the fastest 91 mph fastball in baseball, and the softest 89 mph fastball in baseball. His changeup also seems incredibly mediocre.

Dont worry, he is a polished college pitcher on the fast track.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 05:14 AM)
Man, I feel sorry for Greg. He's going to wake up tomorrow in a poor mood after he finds out the White Sox lost. Win #62 means something special to him.

Out of respect to him, I no longer even try to argue how obvious the situation should be.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:14 AM)
Man, I feel sorry for Greg. He's going to wake up tomorrow in a poor mood after he finds out the White Sox lost. Win #62 means something special to him.

Greg,

In 1986 we won 72 games. Now I am sure that you would of liked them to win 80. It would of made you feel great. But the following year we drafted Jack McDowell. What was worth more for the sox, the 8 more wins or the pick of McDowell., we drafted Jack McDowell.

In 1987 we won 77 games. Now a few more and we are .500. The following year we drafted Robin Ventura. Now the .500 season would of put a smile on your face, and you could of went crazy. But Robin seemed to have a bigger impact over the long haul.

In 1988 we won 71 games, now again .500 would of put that skip in your step. But then again would of Frank Thomas been there. Was the few more wins worth the future HOF player.

In 1989 we won 69 games, now again that .500 mark would of make you giddy. But getting a pitcher of Alex Fernandez's stature seemed to help out more than anything.

And the best quote from a drunken fan. Hey Cleveland, our WNBA team is so much better than your WNBA team. LOL