White Sox V Cleveland

TLAK

DeJesus is pretty good, but he's no Beltran.

For one, he can't steal a base. He's a little better than a plodder, but by no means fast.

I like him, but the verdict is still out on him as far as his "star" quality.

He has 6 hrs and 54 ribbies in a lot of at bats. Nine steals. That's Iguchi like speed at best.

He might step up on a better team, but as of now, he is not an all star.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 11:05 PM)
DeJesus is pretty good, but he's no Beltran.

For one, he can't steal a base. He's a little better than a plodder, but by no means fast.

I like him, but the verdict is still out on him as far as his "star" quality.

He has 6 hrs and 54 ribbies in a lot of at bats. Nine steals. That's Iguchi like speed at best.

He might step up on a better team, but as of now, he is not an all star.

Who cares if he's not a star? You're not going to see anyone anywhere near the talent of Carlos Beltran brought in to play play CF next year but a guy like DeJesus would be a great fit. He has good speed, above average defense in CF, a wicked batters eye and the potential to put up an .810 OPS. He'd be a pretty perfect fit. Not that I really care about either stat all that much but you mention he has 54 RBIs, did you happen to notice his 95 runs? For a guy who's apparently not very fast he sure as hell scores a lot of runs on a terrible team.

It's just a shame that the Sox probably can't afford to acquire him.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 11:16 PM)
Yeah, he's not too bad.

I notice a lot of people on here talk about salary.

Is he worth the money he'll command? No. So sign Hunter, who will be worth it.

DeJesus will make less next season than Podsednik was paid this year, David is worth every penny. Hunter on the other hand could give Barry Zito a run for his money as the most overpaid non-perpetually DL'd player in the game.

Why are you so high on DeJesus.

All I can tell you from living in KC is that the fans here consider him a slight disappointment.

I don't mind the guy and wouldn't mind seeing him in a Sox uniform, but I wouldn't give up much for him, that is for sure.

And the Royals will want a lot.

He is not that good IMO.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 11:48 PM)
You can distinctly hear each individual fan clapping/cheering

I recall a game several years ago when several of my friends and I sat through a long rain delay. I had a great time.

It was possibly one of the funnest games I've ever watched for the reason few people were in the crowd. It seems more personal. And you know the players can hear every word you say.

Walkoff victories and close games are much more common then these experiences. Their uniqueness sets them apart.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 11:51 PM)
I recall a game several years ago when several of my friends and I sat through a long rain delay.

Aside from a close game or walkoff victory, it was possibly one of the funnest games to watch for the reason few people are in the crowd. It seems more personal. And you know the players can hear every word you say.

Ditto. I had the same thing for me and my little brother about three years ago against the Royals when they had a 2 hr+ rain delay (it was a 1:05 start so it was during the night they continued it) and yes we made some Royals pitchers have it even though we did talk smart baseball, and seeing Shingo throwing frisbees in the bullpen and Carlos Lee dancing salsa cause my little brother told him too (:lol:) was one of the best games I attended.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 11:55 PM)
Kenny Lofton walks into 2nd base while the Sox are appealing a play at 3rd base.....is this f***ing Little League? I hate how DJ tries to make an excuse for Erstad whenever he messes up (which is quite often).

It would be better TV if both of them got liquored up during the delay. Having Hawk slurring yelling at the fans, at Guillen telling the players they suck. That would be funny. DJ picking fights with Hawk, maybe a scuffle.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 11:57 PM)
It would be better TV if both of them got liquored up during the delay. Having Hawk slurring yelling at the fans, at Guillen telling the players they suck. That would be funny. DJ picking fights with Hawk, maybe a scuffle.

We need a Bob Uecker in the booth.