A Little Help PLease, Probably from the college crowd

Texsox

He already said that the rods are solid, so they are not one-hitters. And if they are the diameter of a pencil, they are not being used to clean out one hitters either(that's what wire coat hangers are for).

The best way to clear this up is to post a picture of the rods so we can see exactly what they look like and try to determine what they actually are.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 01:25 PM)
He already said that the rods are solid, so they are not one-hitters. And if they are the diameter of a pencil, they are not being used to clean out one hitters either(that's what wire coat hangers are for).

The best way to clear this up is to post a picture of the rods so we can see exactly what they look like and try to determine what they actually are.

I don't have one to post. If you cut off a round pencil at about 4 inches, and made it of metal, that's it. There may be another, non drug usage, but his mom or dad had no idea what it might be. And based on where they were located, he seemed to be hiding them. Anyway, they gave him a monologue and reminded him of everything he would lose if he ever was arrested for drug possession. Never gave him a chance to lie. Never made him admit or deny.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 01:25 PM)

Ah, I didnt read that post. From what it sounds like they could be tampers for tobacco pipes or for solidifying the pack in a cig that is hand rolled.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 01:30 PM)
Ah, I didnt read that post. From what it sounds like they could be tampers for tobacco pipes or for solidifying the pack in a cig that is hand rolled.

The second part makes perfect sense.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
I don't have one to post. If you cut off a round pencil at about 4 inches, and made it of metal, that's it. There may be another, non drug usage, but his mom or dad had no idea what it might be. And based on where they were located, he seemed to be hiding them. Anyway, they gave him a monologue and reminded him of everything he would lose if he ever was arrested for drug possession. Never gave him a chance to lie. Never made him admit or deny.

Ah.

Thats not good then. Metal rods are sometimes used for coke usage, or heroine.

Here is an example of how

"He also described the metal rods as being about 4 inches in length. He testified that “push rods” are used in the construction of a crack pipe to push a screen into a tube to hold the crack cocaine at one end."

But as I said, you can use rods for rolling things in zig-zags or for ever smoking a pipe

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
The rods are probably one-hitters. The papers are prob for smoking weed, most people who roll their own cigs have a machine and do it in high volume.

I wouldn't say having papers means they're probably for weed, unless the kid has a known history (meh, "history") of smoking weed. From my experience, papers are a perfectly plausible thing for a college student to buy for smoking tobacco, and its definitely believable that he's using them to roll his own cigs.

That said, if you know he's smoking weed, then its definitely a possibility. But I wouldn't be so quick to make the connection if there's no reason to do so.

As for the rods, I have no idea. I've never heard of them or seen anything along those lines, but I avoid hard drugs. I do have some friends I can ask though, if you want another opinion or two (it seems like you have a pretty good idea so far, but if you want more thoughts, I'll give them a call).

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
I have a hard time seeing someone roll a cigarette who doesn't look like a guest on the Jerry Springer show.

I'm having that same image. I know people that have rolled there own cloves but thats a bit different (at least I think it is).

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 04:59 PM)
I have a hard time seeing someone roll a cigarette who doesn't look like a guest on the Jerry Springer show.

I know plenty of people that do when they can; it must just be a different of area/situations. Regardless of that, it doesn't seem right to me to claim someones smoking weed just based off of the fact that they have papers. I mean, if there was something else that made a more undenying link to weed, sure. But papers don't necessarily mean wed.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 09:41 PM)
So no high drivers killing themselves or others? I have a hard time believing that.

No one getting high and drowning? Falling? etc. I have a hard time believing that.

The stat is flawed because deaths in a car accident involving a high person aren't usually attributed to weed afaik, so weed isn't considered the cause of death.

Still, I don't think there's anything wrong with weed, especially if its used in a controlled way, and if thats all the kid is doing considering the amount of more dangerous drugs that can be easily acquired by people near college, I'd be happy. But that's just me I suppose.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 10:16 PM)
I don't smoke weed, but I think that the people of do, smoke it to chill and relax. I don't think many people smoke it than go driving.

I'm just going off my college experiences though.

I know plenty of people that smoke and drive, but I know plenty of people who just relax and such, so I can't really agree with you there.

So no high drivers killing themselves or others? I have a hard time believing that.

No one getting high and drowning? Falling? etc. I have a hard time believing that.

Getting high and drowning... falling? What the hell is that about? You do not lose your motor skills nearly to that extent. Pot is not some sort of out of body experience. People do not just get high... go on a cruise and run into a pole or drive off a cliff. Unrealistic.

If you drive right after smoking a joint, paranoia sets in, and you become an awesome driver by default. Now, you might get lost on the way to your destination, but you do not pose a threat to other drivers.

If you see someone doing 45 in a 55 on the expressway, that dude just smoked a joint. Either that, or they were alive during World War 1.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

More people die in car accidents due to talking on their cell phone, reading, playing with their ipods, or looking at their TV while driving. Perhaps we should prohibit cell phones, books, music players, and navigation systems.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 07:00 AM)
More people die in car accidents due to talking on their cell phone, reading, playing with their ipods, or looking at their TV while driving. Perhaps we should prohibit cell phones, books, music players, and navigation systems.

Allow me to rephrase my comment. If you think no one died from mj this year, that it was not a contributing factor in any deaths, I don't believe it. Hell, even drinking too much water killed someone this year.

But y'all keep thinking that mj is the only mood altering substance that was not responsible for anything bad happening. :lolhitting

Nope. Most of the times weed is involved in a death it is an ingredient in addition to alcohol. It is basically the only drug where its physically impossible to overdose as well btw.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 09:11 AM)
Nope. Most of the times weed is involved in a death it is an ingredient in addition to alcohol. It is basically the only drug where its physically impossible to overdose as well btw.

So it is the only drug that does not impair you in anyway? It makes you sharper, better reflexes, improves judgment? No way it could contribute to a death. Wow. I stand corrected.