2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah they get a point.

when kaner missed that first one I figured we lost. I really disliked what perrault did with his, he had a shot though. Man, I thought we'd take it in overtime, we had some great chances.

A point is fine.

f***ing Samsonov had about 15 chances to score tonight. On his one chance where he got it right in the slot, he had time to write a poem about where he wanted to shoot the puck and of course he doesn't even manage to hit the net, 'ripping' (loosely speaking) it wide. Kane and Toews played their best game in a while tonight, although Kane got caught on Edmonton's first goal. I also thought the reffing was rather spotty -- the play where Toews ended up taking a tripping/hooking penalty, he got interfered with twice in a row and... no call.

They're going to be battling sickness and injuries again tomorrow night (well, actually tonight), I'm going into the game expecting a loss. In any case they have already pulled in six points on this road trip -- I asked for five. I'll be ecstatic with a victory tomorrow night.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 06:44 PM)
Its on @ 9PM cst....

my bad, I was looking at Chicagosports.com and they didnt have the TV listing for it. There is usually has been a few games a year where the hawks aren't televised even on the road.

sorry :ph34r:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 25, 2007 -> 04:52 PM)
Went down to the UC today, bought 5 games due to the December sale. Early X-mas gift for myself. :)

Shoot me the list of what you got.

I think I've got 2 games in my plan in Dec. But, I picked up a few extra games mahself.

Damn, man... helluva(n) effort this past period-and-a-half. They're playing their second game in as many nights, half the team is injured and/or battling the flu and they're going up against (arguably) the best goalie in the NHL. I'd love a point here but with ten minutes left, it ain't looking likely.

Im really sick of the injuries and ill health, but that being said the Hawks are still hanging around the top of the Western Conference standings. Considering the games lost due to injuries/illness, I think the Western Conference best be worried about this young team.

Khabi and Patrick are looking solid in the pipes, and I love having two netminders just in case. If havlat can come back and actually play this season and we experience no more issues, this team is playing playoff hockey this year, book it.

It was a pain to see Rene Bourque have his best game of the year only to get injured in that same game and he goes to the shelf for a month or more. Sharpy has been a MAN and he goes down for a few games, JWill goes down after getting hot. Hell, even back when Sopel went down, he was playing what I think was his best hockey all year.

It's frustrating to see this, but the team is showing toughness and character making me think if we do make it to the playoffs, the Blackhawks (or Black hawks depending on your era) will be one tough MOFO out for anyone we play. Rest assured also, that Detroit would not want any parts of a 1/8 matchup with us (should it come to that).

So is Jason Williams definately back for tomorrow?

on edit...i see both he and Havlat are activated. ok folks, commence holding breath on Marty. Good to see some boys getting back on the ice.

Edited by kwolf68

Interesting Tony that you have Vandermeer on the 2nd line there as a D-Man.

I know he was one guy many people were iffy on coming into the season, but how has he played so far overall?

Obviously he'd be doing better than likes of Magnus Johansson.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 01:00 AM)
It was a copy and paste job from Stuy's board :P

In order of how the D has played so far, I would say 1.Sopel 2.Wisniewski 3. Seabrook 4.Keith 5.Vandermeer 6.Byfuglien.

I have been unimpressed with Zyuzin, and Maggs has been terrible. He really is brutal.

I have really liked what Sopel has brought, and think it was a fantastic sign by Dale. Wiz has also been really steady. Keith started off really slow, but has turned it on in the last few weeks. I am not a huge Vandermeer fan, but he has been decent. I think Buff has been ok, but has turned into a pylon on a few occasions. Love his shot though, great from the point on the PP.

That's a pretty quality list. I don't know if I'm intelligent enough about hockey to put one together, but if I were to do it, it would probably look like that. A couple of comments...

-Sopel is so calm with the puck. He's also strikes me as an intelligent guy. He's not the quickest or fastest, but he seems like he's always in great positioning.

-Keith is interesting. I think his biggest detractors exaggerate his 'badness' and his biggest supporters exaggerate his goodness. True, he does tend to make some dumb turnovers and he may not be a top pairing defenseman, but I don't have too many issues with DK. He's made quite a few plays this season with his footspeed and quickness.

On a separate note, for all of you bastards (I use that term with lots of love, fellas :) ) who have a chance to make it out to the UC tomorrow... I'm completely jealous. Marty Havlat's return, Sharp and Williams back in the lineup, Vinny Lecavalier, Marty St Louis, Brad Richards, Toews, Kane... there's going to be an ass-load of talent on the UC ice tomorrow night.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
Just about the post that. I really like it.

-Something needed to be done with the kid line. It wasn't clicking, and I'm glad Savvy did something about it.

-I would assume with this move Wiz is feeling ok, and should be back. If Buff on the wing means we get MagJo in the lineup, I would rather stick Buff back on D and have Sammy in the lineup. If Buff is on wing and we don't see Maggs on D, I really like it.

-We a very nice top two lines, and the third line is really going to be scrappy.

I think Sharp is going to work perfectly with Kane and Toews. That has a chance to be a REALLY productive line. Nothing against Ruutu, I just love the way Sharp's playing and I think his speed and energy is a perfect fit alongside 88 and 19.

The Stick Line, perhaps? (S-T-K)

Or The Skate Line, maybe? (S-K-T)

Edited by The Critic

Funny story about Ruutu....

Ruutu runs into a problem

November 28, 2007

A case of mistaken identity turned a post-practice jog into a sticky situation for Blackhawks forward Tuomo Ruutu.

Ruutu was detained by Bensenville police Tuesday after taking a jog around a nearby park after practice. There had been an armed robbery near The Edge Ice Arena, and Ruutu, dressed in black Hawks warmups, apparently fit the description of the suspect.

''It wasn't the first time I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time,'' Ruutu said. ''It happens to me all the time.''

Len Ziehm

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
On a separate note, for all of you bastards (I use that term with lots of love, fellas :) ) who have a chance to make it out to the UC tomorrow... I'm completely jealous. Marty Havlat's return, Sharp and Williams back in the lineup, Vinny Lecavalier, Marty St Louis, Brad Richards, Toews, Kane... there's going to be an ass-load of talent on the UC ice tomorrow night.

Tonight should be fun, I'll be there...eat it Keith :cheers