Colbert for President

kapkomet

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxy @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 01:22 PM)
The question is: how much worse can he do than most of the professional candidates will? For serial.

:lol:

That is a question for the ages. Only time will tell. Maybe he will win South Carolina and change the face of the election. We can only hope.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 12:22 PM)
It seems to me that this state by state process does not serve much value.

The candidacy itself has little value. It is merely further deterioration of political and intellectual discourse. Oh, he rails against it and satirizes it, to be sure, but he's no better than those other men who do the same he does for serious. And I've always found it deplorable that people get their news from The Daily Show or Colbert, or that they get their Cues, just as I find it disturbing that people "learn" from Rush Limbaugh and Shrill O'Lielly.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 12:27 PM)
The candidacy itself has little value. It is merely further deterioration of political and intellectual discourse. Oh, he rails against it and satirizes it, to be sure, but he's no better than those other men who do the same he does for serious. And I've always found it deplorable that people get their news from The Daily Show or Colbert, or that they get their Cues, just as I find it disturbing that people "learn" from Rush Limbaugh and Shrill O'Lielly.

Yeah, he's deaf in one ear too, which has to count for something.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)

Yeah and it's clearly never been done before.

Didn't they put a pig on the ballot in California in 1968?

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 19, 2007 -> 12:14 AM)
Yeah and it's clearly never been done before.

Didn't they put a pig on the ballot in California in 1968?

Who cares?

I'm just saying, Colbert is minimizing the political process and the dialogue just as much as those he criticizes.

There is some value in his candidacy. The other night he was discussing campaign laws and how he can't use colbertnation.com he has to use a different one. Btw checkout colbert08.com

If it sparks some interest, and a few more people vote, that's a good thing. It is almost exactly like when soxtalk attempted a serious election, with a series of debates and hopefully thought evoking speeches. Instead, someone decided to fore go that process and resort to spamming for votes.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 22, 2007 -> 04:58 PM)
There is some value in his candidacy. The other night he was discussing campaign laws and how he can't use colbertnation.com he has to use a different one. Btw checkout colbert08.com

If it sparks some interest, and a few more people vote, that's a good thing. It is almost exactly like when soxtalk attempted a serious election, with a series of debates and hopefully thought evoking speeches. Instead, someone decided to fore go that process and resort to spamming for votes.

:huh:

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 22, 2007 -> 11:58 AM)

I didn't win because I "spammed for votes" (I don't consider it spam: attempts to de-alienate SoxTalk's voters aren't "spam").

I won because I was the only non-establishment candidate. I won because I promised youth, vigor and change. I won because I was right for SoxTalk. That is why I am the President, like every President -- I won on my own merits!

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 22, 2007 -> 05:04 PM)
I didn't win because I "spammed for votes" (I don't consider it spam: attempts to de-alienate SoxTalk's voters aren't "spam").

I won because I was the only non-establishment candidate. I won because I promised youth, vigor and change. I won because I was right for SoxTalk. That is why I am the President, like every President -- I won on my own merits!

Really? I have proof that says otherwise. :ph34r:

:sweep:

:lolhitting

And by the way, I don't give a s***. Just for the record. But it IS funny.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 22, 2007 -> 12:04 PM)

Fixed. And taking a page from your book he will fore go any debates and any of the seriousness of the campaign. Ironic you would object.

What does it say about the other candidates that a plurality of The People would rather vote for the man who refuses to address the issues over those who are "debating" in full? Clearly people thought that by not speaking, I was saying enough to offset what the others were saying. Maybe the lesson is that these candidates should keep their mouths shut and smile?

That election was, and is, a lot of fun.

Oh, and I'm not denying that I distributed campaign literature and sought to "Get Out The Vote!" and mobilize SoxTalk's large percentage of non-voters, but that is NOT why I won. I won because people chose to vote for me and hoisted me onto their triumphant shoulders.