You knew it was coming

fathom

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)
Kenny is grumpy like the rest of us. Seriously, who the hell cares what he has to say at the moment, I just want him to go on to plan ZZ or whatever and get this team some players.

The thing is, KW had a plan this offseason and it was to bring in at least one of Hunter or Cabrera. Now neither of them are here and we are stuck with Crede, Uribe, Linebrink, and Cabrera. Don't you think it would have been wise to wait and see if we actually acquired the key parts to the plan before we started to pick up some of the minor parts? Now, instead of being able to go into a rebuild mode since the plan has failed, we can't because we traded Garland for a 33 year SS in his last of a contract and signed a mediocre reliever to a pretty big contract.

f***ing pitiful.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:12 AM)
I hope various people ask him the following questions at soxfest this year...

-How exactly do you expect this team to compete next year or in future years?

-Did you honestly think we were are a good team that just "preformed" bad last year?

-Why in hell did you just not blow up this team and restart the rebuilding process when we had the chance to do so back in May and July?

-Where exactly would you rank our farm system compared to other team's farm systems?

-Why were you too f***ing cheap to pick Poreda instead of Porcello?

-Do you not know we have a pitiful farm system?

-Can you explain to me how Andruw Jones strikes out a ton and hits for a low OBP but Rowand and Hunter don't?

-Why do you suck?

-In how long do you think we could finally see Rick Hahn take over as GM?

-Are you retarded?

-We all know Boras is a b****, but why do you refuse to deal with him? Ozzie said himself that Boras represents the best players in the league, so you will never go after the best players in the league?

-I think you are a sad excuse for a GM.

-Why do you suck?

-Why are you a conceded jackass who acts all smug as if he is better then all of us, talking down to all the fans as if we don't know what the f*** baseball is?

-Why did you trade Jon Garland for a 33 year old SS in his last year of free agency who doesn't want to sign a contract extension?

-Why are the likes of Cole Armstrong and Andy Gonzalez on the 40 man roster but not Fernando Hernandez, who will now be on some other team most likely? Hell, that reminds me, where the f*** were you thinking when you let Fabio Castro go for nothing?

another one added...

-Why are the likes of Cole Armstrong and Andy Gonzalez on the 40 man roster but not Fernando Hernandez, who will now be on some other team most likely? Hell, that reminds me, where the f*** were you thinking when you let Fabio Castro go for nothing?

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:32 AM)
i'm sure you know what holes like mariotti care and we will hear all about it in the coming days. how kenny flopped on hunter and the Miggy trade. as long as we net a real CF like jones or rowand, i don't care. call me a nut job but i think Andruw Jones can hit 35+ HR's in the cell with ease. how big is ATL's ball park and you know jones could easily hit 25 there. he's old but if we want to win now, i'd offer jones a 3 year, $48 million contract right now just to get it done. did i mention that he's a gold glover. adding two gold glovers in one offseason is more than a wild dream, it can be a reality. make it happen KW.

Jones is old? He is 4 months older than Rowand.

What did you expect kenny say about his team every offseason going into spring training? You think hes going literally tell you that this team has no chance and should tell Konerko, Buerhle, Thome, Dye, Vasquez, and AJ dont bother showing up and stay home. Kenny has tried this offseason get players he wanted but came up short... s*** happeneds..... When you look back at 2005 everyone going into season looked alot brighter what has happened last 2 years... I look main difference now Kenny said back then " Were looking win championship" to now " were looking to contend" Kenny depleted the farm systems by trading for players twice like Carl Everett, Roberto Alomar, and Sandy Alomar. Kenny relationship with Boras means jack crap. Hahn talks to boras instead of Kenny complaining how he got screwed over Arod in 2000. Also, go look at the fact that Reinsdorf is man writting the checks and handing out the money. The same guy told Micheal Jordan when he signed him 30 mil dollar deal that he was going to regret it. The whole media thing is Kenny seeing all publish reports around here telling him how much he failed to deliver to w sox fans. Also, defends the call dye made and saying how he was pisst off at Kenny Willams. No offense the big part I see w sox not contending now bc we dont have a centerfielder or left fielder... But only having two starters you can really count on. I remember way back ozzie said I only ask you get me 5 horses. How quickly that has changed and now worried about the offense that struggled. Kenny looks like a man with his head cut off trying to fix one thing when theirs many other holes. How many you think danks and floyd will last whole season in rotation? Do you really expect the bullpen be so much better with getting limebrink? Kenny tries help this city go back to winner. Thing is he dosent have the money and Reinsdorf refuses to give more money to free agents. It always ends up the trade route rather free agency.. So whose fault is it that w sox have so many holes? Kenny? Reinsdorf? Ozzie? you make the call but remember Kenny can only do so much with so littler power of checkbook.

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 06:50 AM)
What did you expect kenny say about his team every offseason going into spring training? You think hes going literally tell you that this team has no chance and should tell Konerko, Buerhle, Thome, Dye, Vasquez, and AJ dont bother showing up and stay home. Kenny has tried this offseason get players he wanted but came up short... s*** happeneds..... When you look back at 2005 everyone going into season looked alot brighter what has happened last 2 years... I look main difference now Kenny said back then " Were looking win championship" to now " were looking to contend" Kenny depleted the farm systems by trading for players twice like Carl Everett, Roberto Alomar, and Sandy Alomar. Kenny relationship with Boras means jack crap. Hahn talks to boras instead of Kenny complaining how he got screwed over Arod in 2000. Also, go look at the fact that Reinsdorf is man writting the checks and handing out the money. The same guy told Micheal Jordan when he signed him 30 mil dollar deal that he was going to regret it. The whole media thing is Kenny seeing all publish reports around here telling him how much he failed to deliver to w sox fans. Also, defends the call dye made and saying how he was pisst off at Kenny Willams. No offense the big part I see w sox not contending now bc we dont have a centerfielder or left fielder... But only having two starters you can really count on. I remember way back ozzie said I only ask you get me 5 horses. How quickly that has changed and now worried about the offense that struggled. Kenny looks like a man with his head cut off trying to fix one thing when theirs many other holes. How many you think danks and floyd will last whole season in rotation? Do you really expect the bullpen be so much better with getting limebrink? Kenny tries help this city go back to winner. Thing is he dosent have the money and Reinsdorf refuses to give more money to free agents. It always ends up the trade route rather free agency.. So whose fault is it that w sox have so many holes? Kenny? Reinsdorf? Ozzie? you make the call but remember Kenny can only do so much with so littler power of checkbook.

There's so much wrong with the checkbook argument, I'm just going to say: I disagree.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(frankie5angels @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 06:51 AM)
2years/36 million for Jones. You mean to tell me KW couldn't offer Jones better than that. What a joke. I am so sick of KW!!!!

What part of "he's a Boras client" don't people understand? There really wouldn't be much benefit to only bringing him here for 2 years, so I'm happy he's not here. We might be hearing a lot more about Andruw in the next few weeks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:52 AM)
What part of "he's a Boras client" don't people understand? There really wouldn't be much benefit to only bringing him here for 2 years, so I'm happy he's not here. We might be hearing a lot more about Andruw in the next few weeks.

I think you are gonna be hearing about alot of players.

I would have went 3 years with Jones. He was the best centerfielder on the market in my opinion. He had a rough year last year, but so did most of our offense. JD was terrible, but we extended him. Jones would have been a good pickup in my eyes, beter than Hunter, and for only 3 years. Another wasted opportunity, because our GM won't deal with Boras. It's like f***ing grade school s***

It's called confidence. He truely believes this team has what it takes to contend. And really, is he so wrong? How many people thought the '05 Sox would win it all? We weren't contenders at the beginning of the season, but the guys started playing well, and they gained more confidence. And look where it got us? A dominant World Series victory. So I understand we might not agree, but he could be right.

I said this in another thread. We lost like 8 of 9 to the Twins down the stretch in 04'. Came in second in the division and had bad bad teams at the bottom in Detroit and KC.

Going into 05' I am pretty sure a lot of people saw us as contenders to win the division. It's natural, we came in 2nd the previous year and made some good moves in the offseason.

This is much different. We are one of those bad teams and Tigers basically took our role from 04. They finished behind Cleveland and made some great moves (better then ours) and have to be the frontrunners.

We need to stop looking at this team for it's past success and look at it for what it is now. In 05 this team had better, younger stars, healthier players, and career years out of everyone. We stumbled in the 2nd half. 06 was the same deal and the team regressed and showed its aging a bit.

All this time the other teams WERE IMPROVING. They could've knocked us off in 05' and maybe people would realize that it's not like we dominated wire to wire. We were not great in the 2nd half and really just caught fire in the playoffs. We also got some breaks.

Now all those teams are younger, better, and hungrier. We are not. Why is he so confident you ask? Cuz he is obsessed with himself and what he accomplished. It was great, he will never be forgotten but he needs to move on and not be content.

Look at Theo. He won in 04' and made moves. Beloved Pedro in no longer there. Millar is gone. Damon is gone. Several bullpen or rotation guys. He dealt for a great young arm Josh Beckett and got a gift in Mike Lowell. Sure he kept a few guys around but that team is a lot different.

Had we approached business the same way, maybe this team would be in the same position. Our guys are somewhat older in some cases or if not older, they aren't the same caliber or players.

He may be right, I'll give you that but his chances are like about 3% as opposed to the Tigers who I'd imagine have hurdled the Red Sox as favorites for the time being.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:39 AM)
The thing is, KW had a plan this offseason and it was to bring in at least one of Hunter or Cabrera. Now neither of them are here and we are stuck with Crede, Uribe, Linebrink, and Cabrera. Don't you think it would have been wise to wait and see if we actually acquired the key parts to the plan before we started to pick up some of the minor parts? Now, instead of being able to go into a rebuild mode since the plan has failed, we can't because we traded Garland for a 33 year SS in his last of a contract and signed a mediocre reliever to a pretty big contract.

f***ing pitiful.

Woah woah, wasn't defending what Kenny has done this offseason transaction wise, I just don't give a s*** about what he has to say at the moment. He's frustrated too, I just want him to make this team better, his comments on why we didn't get someone don't interest me.

QUOTE(Chombi @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:58 AM)
Going into 05' I am pretty sure a lot of people saw us as contenders to win the division. It's natural, we came in 2nd the previous year and made some good moves in the offseason.

Check your history. I believe we were predicted to be 4th by most of the experts, and only one ESPN expert predicted us to make the playoffs. In fact, and someone with a better memory can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure most of the experts didn't like the fact that we lost Carlos Lee, Magglio Ordonez (who was still a damn good player even if he had injury issues in 04), and Jose Valentin and replaced them with the likes of Scott Podsednik, Juan Uribe, and Jermaine Dye (who was coming off of a couple of bad seasons in a row and a lot of injuries).

So really, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:06 AM)
Looks like someone is a little crabby after he blew a few chances.

These are the types of comments I find so bizarre coming from a Sox fan. I'm all for honest to goodness criticism of moves the GM makes, like"I don't think we got enough for Jon Garland,"or whatever the hell. But "he blew his chances"? What chances? What the hell are people talking about? What chances? For Cabrera? Florida didn't say "we'll give you Cabrera for this and this and this" and Williams said "no. " What the f*** are people talking about? He made his best offer, offered up our top prospects, apparently was in the running before the Detroit offer, but not surprisingly, the team with a better offer got him. The team that was losing 100 or 90 games while we were winning the World Series had more stockpiled.

Hunter? Are you f***ing kidding? Our offer was more than Hunter was worth, but if you're going to sign a free agent, you're going to have to give him more than he's worth. The Angels offer is a ridiculous joke. From the people who paid too much for Sarge Jr. last year. They upped ours by 20%. I call complete and total bulls*** if there is any sane person here who is complaining now that Kenny "swung and missed" on Hunter, as the papers like to say, and who also would have said 2 weeks ago, "we should offer Hunter $95 or $100 million for 5 years." While there are 3 or 4 comparable center fielders still on the market. Moronic.

Edited by Vance Law

Check your history. I believe we were predicted to be 4th by most of the experts, and only one ESPN expert predicted us to make the playoffs. In fact, and someone with a better memory can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure most of the experts didn't like the fact that we lost Carlos Lee, Magglio Ordonez (who was still a damn good player even if he had injury issues in 04), and Jose Valentin and replaced them with the likes of Scott Podsednik, Juan Uribe, and Jermaine Dye (who was coming off of a couple of bad seasons in a row and a lot of injuries).

So really, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

So I should take the experts opinions who routinely pick the winners, don't they?

We finished in 2nd in 04', just so I can refresh your history. We did it without Maggs for most of the season. Without Frank for the most part. Acquired Freddy and finally got rid of E.LO and the fluke he was, Scott Schoenweis, I think even Felix Diaz and Grilli started for us that season.

We also lost 7 of 9 (I checked) to the Twins in the last 5 weeks. That was the division right there. We were within striking distance ain the middle of August. 2 games out I believe and got swept by the twins. They swept us again in September and finally won the first of 3 in the last week or 2 of the season.

So from someone who watched the Sox be in it with all that against them. Make some interesting moves in season and out. Im soorry the dealing of Carlos Lee lost all this hope in our team. I mean the fact we were anticipating the return of Tank potentiall, JD, and Pods. I mean that shouldve just sent us into the s***ter right?

Maggs was minor because his health was a big issue in 05. We finished in 2nd and had Maggs for like 40-50 games I recall. Dye, if healthy, wasn't going to be a big drop off from Maggs in 04 or even 03'.

I bought into the Pods catalyst hype. Remember he was coming off an 03' where he had a like ridiculous .380 obp or something and in 04' his contact took a dip to try and give the Brewers more power. He also stole like 70 bases so to me...I was excited cuz we didnt need him to hit for power.

We had a lot of question marks but most of those I had optimism towards. Maybe I shouldn't have but I was naive and a freshman who had nothing but high hopes and a desire to buy into my team because I couldn't stand the Cardinal fans whom I lived with. I was drinking the kool-aid big time.

Also, I am fairly certain we may have been predicted to finish 4th several times.

Furthering your ridiculous "experts" nonsense...How many of them picked us to finish 72-90 last season?

I am not saying I expected us to win the World Series but I saw no reason why we couldnt beat the Twins. Cleveland wasn't ready and were picked to win that division or be close for years. And come on Detroit or KC?

So you may be a casual fan to the extent where you need the columnists to make your mind up for you but I like to approach things the way I see them. It's not an uncommon thing. Try it, and you may want to check my history on some of that stuff.

edit: O yah...I think Billy Koch and his dominance was our closer in 04'. The fact that team was over .500 with all those issues shows how bad the division was and how easily it could be had.

Edited by Chombi

QUOTE(Chombi @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:10 AM)
I can't wait for Soxfest. I am wondering if ticket sales have gone up since all this has occured. I wouldnt be surprised to see an 05-06 like Soxfest and watch people try to tear KW limb from limb.

They havent one my friends is a sox ticket rep. He said sales are slow and now after the losing out on Cabrera, Hunter, and the pissed of Dye thing all of the sox employees and ticket reps are pissed too. After all they are trying to sell tickets to a show that right now looks like its going to be terrible. KW is making a lot of peoples lives a little miserable.

- why did you trade Jon Garland for a 33 year old SS in his last year of free agency who doesn't want to sign a contract extension?

This trade really really sucked and looks worse by the day.

Package Garland in some blockbuster.

Dumb trade.

They havent one my friends is a sox ticket rep. He said sales are slow and now after the losing out on Cabrera, Hunter, and the pissed of Dye thing all of the sox employees and ticket reps are pissed too. After all they are trying to sell tickets to a show that right now looks like its going to be terrible. KW is making a lot of peoples lives a little miserable.

Haha well I am wondering if my tickets were purchased yet. Usually my sister and brother-in-law get me sox fest and a room. Tell your buddy to hook up some sort of comp at the hotel since it's sounding like it may only be me and the hotel staff at Soxfest.

Definately excited for it because the huge session with KW will be fun. Not to mention with no lines I can get some signatures other then Gene Hondo and Man-Soo Lee. I loved Man-Soo (prolly spelled it wrong as I say that I love the guy).

True story. post 05 I was there and told him that I will be in KC opening weekend right next to the pen and I wanted the rosenbag that I had been asking for since high school. He claimed he'd give it to me. Sure as s***, I was right where I claimed to be but he wouldn't give me the bag. I think he recognized me though cuz he flipped the ball up at me and gave me a thumbs up. I asked if he knew and he said yea. I loved the guy. He played catch with like a 5 year old kid in the stands next to me for warmups. Nice guy. I miss him in our pen.