New Hampshire Primary Thread

Heads22

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
I think if it was over they would have called it. They are waiting for something.

I don't take anything from that. After 2000 they're not going to call a close one until they're certain, and this is clearly close.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 08:53 PM)
I don't take anything from that. After 2000 they're not going to call a close one until they're certain, and this is clearly close.

It's too close of a race, the exit polling is probably not indicating anything that can be determined, and the people crunching the numbers know what areas haven't reported yet, and which way the polling is expected to go there.

A lot to take into account, and like you said, they'd rather wait it out, then make the mistake of giving incorrect information.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
Nope - that county is still not in.

I was being snotty, Balta said it was over... but anyways. I consider myself independent and I'm just glad that they will at least need to keep the campaign to the issues and not the Obama "movement", even if only for a little while.

If Barack Obama wins, and he would be a fine leader in my opinion, I'd like to at least know the people heard his stance on the issues, rather than focus solely on his "Rockstar good looks." Keeping things close will make all candidates re-focus on the campaign and not let anyone run away with the ticket.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
I was being snotty, Balta said it was over... but anyways. I consider myself independent and I'm just glad that they will at least need to keep the campaign to the issues and not the Obama "movement", even if only for a little while.

If Barack Obama wins, and he would be a fine leader in my opinion, I'd like to at least know the people heard his stance on the issues, rather than focus solely on his "Rockstar good looks." Keeping things close will make all candidates re-focus on the campaign and not let anyone run away with the ticket.

But we focus on your rockstar good looks...

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
Some people feel that Obama supporters may not have turned out because he was tracking so far ahead in the polls

Fox News Data says:

Hillary is winning in: Union workers, women, older voters (over 40), seniors, and lower income

Obama is wining in: Men, younger people (under 30 by 23 points), the change theme (55-29), Independents 41-34

Ya know, I keep hearing the media pundits referring to Obama being really far left. Thing is, you look at his issue ideas and stances, he is clearly more moderate than Clinton or Edwards. I think his moderate ideas on things like health care (not wanting as much government health care) and religion (tends to be less of a secularist), are reasons the indepedents like him. They seem to be missing this entirely.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 07:05 PM)
Durham (UNH), Rindge (I forget what school) and Hanover (Dartmouth) are the college towns still open, by the way. Add those up there are about 6000 registered Dems, in college towns.

Right now they'd have to go more than 80-20 Obama for him to make up that gap.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
Right now they'd have to go more than 80-20 Obama for him to make up that gap.

I wouldn't think they'd make it up. I'd think they'd cut the lead by a lot. Then its left to the rural areas left in the rest of the state - which seem slightly leaning to Obama.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
Ron Paul is a goofy dude.

He was on Leno last night and was very charming and had a lot of personality. No clue he wasn't invited to the debate last week.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 09:13 PM)
As bad as Giuliani is about 9/11 this and 9/11 that... both Edwards' are just as bad about working in that damn mill.

Laughing at Edwards acting like he just won when he's waving, and hugging, smiling all the way up to the podium while playing 'this country is lost to folks like me and you'....

Huckabee gave a victory speech as well....must be something about finishing a distant 3rd.