2008 AL Central Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 04:43 AM)
How much does that cost now? .. I guess if i didnt live in chicago I would look into it, I know my uncle in St. Louis has it since hes a sox fan, but I just never felt the need to buy it ... until now ha

Watching late night west coast games while the wife is asleep is one of life's many treasures.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
Hawk is eating bon bons and crying over Gomez's misfortunes.

hes actually sleeping with his Carlos Gomez bobble head doll and lifesize poster cutout

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 11:52 PM)
ok, 3 more outs and its hello 1st again!

Young - 0 Hits

Buscher - 0 Hits

Harris - 2 Hits

good part of the lineup to face in the top of the 9th

it's only one game, but this is an absolutely terrible way to start off a road trip for the Twins. Go up 6-0 and blow the lead with one of your up and coming starters and your vaunted bullpen, even if one of the relievers that got torched was Brian Bass who is basically Willie Eyre or Nick Masset reincarnated...and they have like 30 of these games in the next 45. This could be a tough time for that team. They better hope Liriano is absolutely lights out.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 11:36 PM)
Yay for Jeff Clement

He broke the all time home run record at my high school stadium. I think it was 73 or something held by Drew Henson nation wide. I was at bat in Marshalltown, where he's from when they announced it, so that's my micro piece of history with him.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 12:11 AM)
He broke the all time home run record at my high school stadium. I think it was 73 or something held by Drew Henson nation wide. I was at bat in Marshalltown, where he's from when they announced it, so that's my micro piece of history with him.

I know they were obviously amazing, but to go back and hear about what some current or past professionals, in any sport, did in high school is something else.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
6-0 Twins in the 7th. Ballgame.

Or not. Ibanez just hit a slam to make it 6-5 with an out in the 7th.

Make that 6-6. :)

THIS?TEAM?IS?DEAD?

LOL

Crazy play tonight in the Boston/KC game

"One of the runs scored on a double by Bay that glanced off the glove of center fielder Mitch Maier, who leapt at the fence. The ball rolled several feet on the top of the wall before left fielder Ross Gload came over and knocked it backed into the field."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=280805107

Ron Gardenhire is so boring. His team has lost 2 games in a row that they should have won after being in first place for the first time in over 100 days (and effectively losing any hold they had on first place), and he's just having a ho-hum interview after the game "we tried our best, we threw everything we could at them, but they just pulled it out. Good hitting team even in a rough season, yada yada yada."

He's a fantastic in game manager, but he just doesn't seem to be a motivator.