Least favorite Sox players

Marky Mark

Over the years, who have been your least favorite Sox players and why?

For me it had to be between Ron Karkovice and Joe Borchard. If he was to remain on the team longer I would have said Andy Gonzalez too, but "He Gone".

It makes me mad that Borchard has the record for the longest homerun in the Cell, I wish Frank held that. Borchard was such a failure as a player. Both him and Kark were tough to look at too, they were hit pretty bad with the ugly stick as kids.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Markbilliards @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
Over the years, who have been your least favorite Sox players and why?

For me it had to be between Ron Karkovice and Joe Borchard. If he was to remain on the team longer I would have said Andy Gonzalez too, but "He Gone".

It makes me mad that Borchard has the record for the longest homerun in the Cell, I wish Frank held that. Borchard was such a failure as a player. Both him and Kark were tough to look at too, they were hit pretty bad with the ugly stick as kids.

That homerun record at the Cell is BS- Eric Chavez hit a homerun (off the great Gary Glover) when I was at a game like 6 years ago that LANDED in the middle of the right-center field concourse.

Least fave Sox player= Kenny Lofton- he was a big f*^&ing tool and sucked

For me it has to be David Wells. His back always hurt cause he was so fat. He contributed absoulty nothing to the team. He was the laziest sorry excuse for a baseball player ever. Than the following year he goes back to the Yankees, loses the weight and goes 19-7. He basically said FU the Sox when he was here. Man I hated that guy.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 04:38 PM)
What the hell was wrong with Tom Gordon? Great 2003 season, cried when the Sox died in Minny, and we used two of the draft picks we received for him on the overrated Gio Gonzalez.

i never said i hated the guy because of the great 2003 season he had .. just never liked the guy

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 04:55 PM)
Flash is probably one of my favorite Sox of all time.

oh well .. I am not gonna hold it against anyone for saying they liked Flash .. and I hope no one is going to hold it against me for saying he was one of my least favorite players part of the Sox .. but as much as a fine player he was with the Sox there was just something about him I just never liked back when he was with the team

oh well .. I am not gonna hold it against anyone for saying they liked Flash .. and I hope no one is going to hold it against me for saying he was one of my least favorite players part of the Sox .. but as much as a fine player he was with the Sox there was just something about him I just never liked back when he was with the team

I think that's what we're trying to figure out. What exactly is there not to like about him? :huh:

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 05:48 PM)
I think that's what we're trying to figure out. What exactly is there not to like about him? :huh:

well not everyone is perfect .. (besides josh fields of course :lol:) .. but I think the reason I didnt like him was because he was on the Cubs before that 03 season as well as 01 and I just didnt want him which may be where the dislike came from .. and yes you can throw on the how many others players who have been on the cubs and gone to the Sox and ask me if I hate them too for the same reason, but no I just never found a liking toward him

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
Not Wee Willie, how can that be?

oh it can be Wee Willie very easily .. I went to the game where he hit his first career home run(or his first in the sox ballpark, but im pretty sure it was his first career) so I he looked like a bright young star to fix our second base problems ... yeah that worked out well