Kenny and Jerry Steroid enablers?

tonyho7476

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Mariotti been vocal about how great a manager Tony LaRussa is? I vaguely recall him writing that Ozzie should be fired and LaRussa re-hired (when there were rumors last season that LaRussa would resign as Cards manager). The point is...LaRussa, with guys like Canseco and McGwire, twice in his case, has been one of the biggest steroid enablers in terms of managers.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 11:35 AM)
Rick Telander says hi.

Yeah. Can't ignore those columns about his lame hall of fame ballot stunts two years in a row. I don't like Telander that much. Obviously everyone's going to have their own opinion anyway, but Telander... Zzzzzzz.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(rowandrules83 @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 09:40 AM)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Mariotti been vocal about how great a manager Tony LaRussa is? I vaguely recall him writing that Ozzie should be fired and LaRussa re-hired (when there were rumors last season that LaRussa would resign as Cards manager). The point is...LaRussa, with guys like Canseco and McGwire, twice in his case, has been one of the biggest steroid enablers in terms of managers.

And they just traded for Glaus. Not to mention the whole DUI/player killed DUI incidents from last year.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 11:40 AM)
Yeah. Can't ignore those columns about his lame hall of fame ballot stunts two years in a row. I don't like Telander that much. Obviously everyone's going to have their own opinion anyway, but Telander... Zzzzzzz.

Maybe, but Telander = Journalist. Mariotti = blogger.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)
Just two weeks ago he wrote that the interest in Brian Roberts was a joke and the Cubs should steer clear and ripped the organization for even thinking about it.

Perhaps check your facts. :ph34r:

link

And that has what to do with what I said? Last I checked Roberts was on the O's and had nothing to do with the players mentioned in the report nor any of the ones I mentioned. In fact Marriotti wrongly states that it would hurt the Cub's integrity, which is a joke since they were a clear clubhouse full of juicers. Maybe you should check YOUR reading glasses.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 09:02 AM)
I was thinking about who Canseco could have named as a "bomb shell" and Maggs would be the best target. An All-Star slugger who was not named in any report, actually gives the book something unique. And it would be niave to think there were no juicers on the Sox and that management did not know it. It was too common, too obvious to those that knew what to look for and where to look.

And I think Mariotti could have thought up this article idea on his own. Say what you will about Jay, he knows how to get his name on everyone's lips and writing anything negative about the Sox gets all Sox fans in a tizzy. Funny that this will probably have Sox fans defending Maggs, something I thought I would never see. :lolhitting

You'll never see me defending Maggs.

Mariotti is never interesting and his writing skills are way overrated. I only bother skimming his crap, when someone posts a link or tells me I should check it out. I'm disappointed in myself for even contributing to this thread.

Anyway, again this morning he serves up a big load of crap (how shocking). The Tigers lineup currently features Sheffield, Pudge and Maggs. The Yankees will have Pettitte in the rotation and Giambi at 1B. The Rangers and A's have been sticking thenselves in the asses for at least 15 years. To single out the White Sox is just really idiotic.

Yeah I don't understand the meaning of decided to bring up this that was fromm 7 years ago. It's not like the Sox were the only team to have signed Canseco. The A's, Rangers, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Devil Rays, Yankees, and Expos all had him on their team. Even though I don't think he played on the Expos. Plus I might be missing a team or two, not quite sure. Basically he played on a 1/4 of the teams in the league. If we're going to talk steriods, the Cubs should be on the forefront as well. Sammy Sosa is probably a jucier, Rondell White was in the steriod report, and I have a hunch Henry Rodriguez probably did steriods too.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
I had a pretty solid argument with Chris DeLuca via email the other day, he clearly doesnt do much research when he told me 2002 was the best pitching season Buehrle ever had.

Why would he ever claim that? It's blatantly obvious that it was 2005 and I'd even take 2001 over 2002.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
Why would he ever claim that? It's blatantly obvious that it was 2005 and I'd even take 2001 over 2002.

Its actually a funny exchange, he thought I was criticizing him from an email I wrote him on his article that I didnt think was totally well researched, and he snapped at me and said 2002 was clearly his best season ERA wise, and I corrected him.

Moronotti prolly wrote this only because today is the 1st day of SoxFest and wants other people (Namely Sox fans) to do his bidding at the seminars since he NEVER does it. Ozzie was right a couple of yrs ago, he's a big sissy who hides behind his undeserved moniker of "columnist". Hopefully, his name doesn't come up this weekend cuz it only keeps him in town. The less he's talked about, the more he'll be GAWN!

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)
It still boggles my mind why Sox fans continue to react to somebody with A) with no journalistic responsbility and B ) is only tries to get a rise out of the public like Howard Stern. When people stop tuning in to find out his next idiotic rambling, he will soon be unemployed.

But is anyone going to rush out and buy the paper or subscribe because everyone here thinks moronoti sucks? I don't see how this negative talk helps his bosses sell papers. Frankly, just about ALL the baseball coverage in the Sun Times sucks. Just about.