LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
Sorry. I didnt think it was that big of a spoiler.

The only part that upset me was that it told you who he might have been fighting with. But you're right its not like you told me the secret to the show or anything.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
So, are we all agreed that the writers have decided to not even touch why Walt was such a big deal for two seasons?

Walt wasn't that big of a deal and I wouldn't hold your breath about him coming back. I'd move on from it, his story is done.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
Walt wasn't that big of a deal and I wouldn't hold your breath about him coming back. I'd move on from it, his story is done.

Walt was the most prominent motivating factor behind the end of the first season and the entire second season, How was he not that big of a deal? The kid was painted as being special, so special that the Others blew up a raft and kidnapped him, he got saved, and then went on to be a non-factor for the rest of the series.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
Walt was the most prominent motivating factor behind the end of the first season and the entire second season, How was he not that big of a deal? The kid was painted as being special, so special that the Others blew up a raft and kidnapped him, he got saved, and then went on to be a non-factor for the rest of the series.

any chance there's a Dawson on the wall that was scratched out?

I think his story was overblown from the get go. I think they wanted to create an interesting angle with him having powers, but in reality that whole angle was never played out. The writers explained that the Others were interested in kids because of the difficulty the women were having giving birth, so to them the kids were the next generation of Others. I assume that's the end of it.

I'd be surprised to see him again.

His dad killed two people so he could get him back and leave the island. The end.

He was special dreams and the Others wanted as many children they could gather.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
So, are we all agreed that the writers have decided to not even touch why Walt was such a big deal for two seasons?

I think Walt was supposed to be more a part of the show, but I think they may have failed to take into account that kids age quickly... especially over 3-6 years.

Like everything else in the first 90 percent of this show, its irrelevant. Basically you dont even need to go back and watch anything since Dharma, the hatches, any secrets of the others, its all irrelevant and was wasted time. Now all that matters is two characters they just really brought in the last 10 episodes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 07:43 PM)
Like everything else in the first 90 percent of this show, its irrelevant. Basically you dont even need to go back and watch anything since Dharma, the hatches, any secrets of the others, its all irrelevant and was wasted time. Now all that matters is two characters they just really brought in the last 10 episodes.

Guess you missed the scene with Zoe this week asking Jin about Dharma and the electromagnetism of the island?

Good news and bad news.

Good: This week's episode looks awesome. People comparing it to "The Constant".

Bad News: It’s official: ABC’s programming schedule for April reveals a two-weeks break between Episode 6.13 and Episode 6.14. The network will air a repeat of “Ab Aeterno” on April 27th.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
Good news and bad news.

Good: This week's episode looks awesome. People comparing it to "The Constant".

Bad News: It’s official: ABC’s programming schedule for April reveals a two-weeks break between Episode 6.13 and Episode 6.14. The network will air a repeat of “Ab Aeterno” on April 27th.

Damn it. They do this every season.