Chris Berman goes apesh**

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
I have and always will hate Chris Berman. He is such a tool. Does anyone think his act is remotely funny? When he does the Home Run Derby I want to shoot the TV.

I thought he was funny when I was 7, now everything he says or does is either annoying, stupid, doesn't make sense, or a combination of those 3.

See... the thing about ESPN (and it's creeping into cable news as well) is that they want entertainment and show over news.

You can get news anywhere but you can't be informed while being entertained at the same time just anywhere.

"If it bleeds, it leads."

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 07:41 PM)
See... the thing about ESPN (and it's creeping into cable news as well) is that they want entertainment and show over news.

You can get news anywhere but you can't be informed while being entertained at the same time just anywhere.

"If it bleeds, it leads."

I stopped watching the channel a few years ago. Now I've stopped going to their web page. In fact, ESPN has single handedly killed my desire to watch any sport that isn't baseball.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 09:12 PM)
I stopped watching the channel a few years ago. Now I've stopped going to their web page. In fact, ESPN has single handedly killed my desire to watch any sport that isn't baseball.

I never said that it was a positive decision on their part.

I just believe that since OJ, any cable news/sports outlet feels like it has to be filled with "talking heads" and practice tabloid journalism to get the casual viewer and keep their attention.