Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)
Gordon whines more than Pruitt when a call goes against him. Didn't think that was possible.

Are you serious? Gordon is not known to show much emotion at all. He's a teenager though, it does come out sometimes.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 11:13 PM)
But Illinois is just physically outclassed and they are starting to look tired (Brock especially).

way to state the obvious. we've only been talking about this from the preseason up until now. remember, illinois did lose at home to tennessee state. i don't think anyone was making the argument they were talented.

my question would be why a team that is so outclassed isn't getting tihskicked by a team that's won 26 straight at home. to me, that would be a more salient observation and one that actually took some thought, not just regurgitating something you read on a message board.

Edited by thedoctor

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 05:23 PM)
way to state the obvious. we've only been talking about this from the preseason up until now. remember, illinois did lose at home to tennessee state. i don't think anyone was making the argument they were talented.

my question would be why a team that is so outclassed isn't getting tihskicked by a team that's won 26 straight at home. to me, that would be a more salient observation and one that actually took some thought, not just regurgitating something you read on a message board.

No one should be questioning that Illinois is playing well. They certainly are. Even if Indiana has missed a bunch of open looks, can't take away Illinois' effort.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 05:23 PM)

I didn't think I was regugitating anything. So about another topic. McCamey has shown some good court vision and has looked faster on defense than in previous games. In the 2nd half he's seemed reticent to control the ball as much as he did in the first half. He's picking up his dribble quickly. I don't know if that's being tired or just Basset's defense. Either way it was a good game for him.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 11:32 PM)
I didn't think I was regugitating anything.

really? illinois has lost four straight including to tennessee state at home. indiana has won 26 straight at home. we've been talking for two years and agreeing that bruce weber hasn't recruited top talent. with all that in mind, your first two best observations of this game are that illinois isn't physically talented? ok. maybe you just aren't good at providing good objective analysis at basketball. that's ok. few are.