Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
Time for super crazy f***ed up MVC scores.

Illinois State 28, Southern Illinois 8 2:55

First FG scored with 4 minutes left in the half. SIU making a little run. 7-0 run to be exact.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gophers are only down 7 to Michigan State at the half, 33-26. Really, I think they've done a good job holding their ground so far, but they're definitely going to have to shoot better than 29% if they plan on making some noise in the second half. All things considered though, to be down only 7 against Michigan State on the road, with the game being pretty close before a late first half run by MSU, is encouraging.

MSU holds on 65-59, but the game was much closer than the final suggests. The Gophers held their own, which I suppose, is all I could ask for considering we were on the road in a hostile environment. Hopefully today's game will mean more Al Nolen and Lawrence McKenzie on the floor at the same time, as the Gophers seemed to have played their best when this was the case.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
I think he is working his way into the NBA at this point.

Absolutely...he's got the size, the athleticism, and the quickness for a guy who plays that spot...big fan, especially after today's game. It's clear he's being held back in terms of stats because of how ridiculously balanced this Kansas team is.

BTW, after watching them a few times this year I've changed my tune on them. I knew they were very good...but they are ridiculously good. No weak spots on the court.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
This team is pathetic. What the hell happened to the team that played in Maui.

So anyone know a way to fast forward two years?

Just fast forward me to next season.

A SIU - U of I game what be quite the showdown this year.