Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next two games our huge for us, starting with Drake tonight(yes, Drake has become a big game). After that we got Illinois State on the road as well, if we could take both of these next two then we'd be at worst one of two undefeated teams left in the conference with Indiana State who sucks being the other. This team is starting to come together as Bone and Clemmons are really starting to step up. I'm really liking our chances right now. Gotta get it done tonight though.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Dec 31, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
Illinois sucks, KU is good

The Illinois loss to TSU was probably the biggest win by the OVC in the past 5 years.

Brutal 48 hours for the Illini when you include that game along with the Rose Bowl.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
No way he is better than Sherron Collins.

Collins 9.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 2.9 apg, 22.3 mpg

Johnson 12.3 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1.1 apg, 31.7 mpg

Those are their freshman campaigns.

Anyways, ISU plays fightin' USC Upstate tonight. Yay.

Collins is a good player, and probably better than Wes this year, but Wes also is playing injured this year. I think Wes was more impressive and a bigger surprise last year.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
Collins 9.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 2.9 apg, 22.3 mpg

Johnson 12.3 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1.1 apg, 31.7 mpg

Those are their freshman campaigns.

Anyways, ISU plays fightin' USC Upstate tonight. Yay.

Collins is a good player, and probably better than Wes this year, but Wes also is playing injured this year. I think Wes was more impressive and a bigger surprise last year.

Again, who is this guy??? Forgive me for not paying attention to our worst program in the Big 12.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Again, who is this guy??? Forgive me for not paying attention to our worst program in the Big 12.

He had 14 and 11 when you guys came to Hilton last year. Not so hot in the Phog though. He was also on the Big 12 All-Rookie team and was an Honorable Mention Freshman All-American. 34-inch standing vertical leap and 41-inch step vertical leap, so the man can jump.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
Well we officially suck. Suck real bad. Like horribly suck. Like the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

Looks like you guys are on your knees too much....floorburn U...haha so last year.

Coach Jank(former KU asst) has Ill State as second best team in Illinois.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)
Ya, kind of like you guys were last year with the refs so they'd give you 6 points in the sweet 16.

Welcome to the ever growing group of teams losing to Drake.

Purge the game from your memory and move on.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 11:15 PM)
Jesus Christ Hoosiers, someone might want to get on Justin Johnson.

Did you see the shots he was taking? Pulling s*** out of his ass. 5 straight threes in a minute. Wow, what a display, glad to get the W though.

Gosh darn it...a win agains the Hoosiers would have practically made my season. Only lost by 3 and sadly that is a moral victory given how bare Iowa's cupboard currently is (especially now that they lost there freshman Cole for the season).

I sure hope Lick can get things turned around because had Alford stuck around Iowa was going to be in position to be pretty bad ass (given the recruits alford had lined up). That said Lick seems to be a pretty good in-game coach and I just hope he can recruit at Iowa.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
Did you see the shots he was taking? Pulling s*** out of his ass. 5 straight threes in a minute. Wow, what a display, glad to get the W though.

It sucks cause he is the only semblance of offense on the squad. He's an awesome shooter though, would have loved to had Tyler Smith playing with him and Iowa may have been able to at least get to the NIT. I'll really be stunned if they win more than 3 big ten games.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 11:00 PM)
It sucks cause he is the only semblance of offense on the squad. He's an awesome shooter though, would have loved to had Tyler Smith playing with him and Iowa may have been able to at least get to the NIT. I'll really be stunned if they win more than 3 big ten games.

I don't know, Michigan, Penn State, Illinois, and Northwestern also suck this year.