Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
Gotta love it, this just must not be UNC's year, and I'm never going to question recruiting over players again.

UNC's injury list now.

Frasor: out for season

Lawson: out with ankle

Thompson: questionable with hyper-extended knee

Green: questionable with flu

Ginyard: ankle injury, limited in play

Hansbrough: turf toe, limited in play

Quentin Thomas: back spasms, limited in play

UNC's injured team could kick UNC's healthy teams butt.

I've heard that Hansborough is actually a pretty bad ingrown toenail that he has been dealing with to this point. They are drilling his nail to drain it, but it looks like they will have to remove the nail totally, which would sideline him maybe a day or two in practice. Ginyard is really hobbeled with both legs beat up. The ankle and a turf toe on different legs.

Lawson should be due back soon. I'm glad he rested it, his game is predicated on speed and quickness laterally. To not let it heal fully would have been a mistake, even though he has been cleared by the doctors since the Duke game. By the skin of their teeth they scratched out 3 out of 4 to this point. Keep fighting the good fight and hope to get healthy for the NCAA, no sense in rushing any of them back at this point. The East 1 seed is a nice advantage (all Carolina sites to the four), but it's not worth wearing these guys down and having the injuries nag on and on.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
There aren't really a whole lot of places close to the stadium, it's a mostly residential area of town outside of some shops on Central. You really only have two options near the stadium. The first is Bluestone at 1932 Central (maybe 6 blocks from the stadium, other side of the train tracks), which is basically upscale bar food. It gets REALLY packed on game days, but it might not be as bad for an afternoon game. The other is Mustard's Last Stand right by the stadium, which is basically just a hole in the wall with your fast food staples (not exactly cheap for what it is either). You might want to consider hitting downtown Evanston for food before hand, there are far more dining options there.

That's pretty much exactly what I was going to suggest.

You can also try parking at a metra station and taking the train to the game, the stadium is fairly close to a stop.

In the locker room afterward, coach Bo Ryan told Butch that his three had been waved off "because he didn't call it and that we lost and the game was over." Said Ryan, "There was silence for two seconds and then somebody yelled 'let's get on the plane.' And that was it.

I wish I could see a clip of that haha.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...rankings/2.html

Edited by Soxbadger

Wow -- what an effort tonight from Marquette. Probably the best game they've played since ND or Wisconsin.

And in a complete surprise, Marquette lifted the redshirt off of Trevor Mbakwe, our top freshman coming into the season. This is amazing... he tore his ACL just a little over four months ago. I'm not sure I like the move -- I mean, they get him for about a quarter of the season instead of 30+ senior-season games -- but he's a huge addition to this team. Once he gets back into 'game shape', he immediately becomes our best in-the-paint defender (or that's what I've read and heard).

What a night.

With Ill State losing today our game @ WSU all the sudden becomes huge. If we win we're a game behind the 2 seed with a game against them here and the probable tie breaker.

I don't know why I keep falling into the trap of thinking maybe these guys can get something going but I just refuse to quit on them. I know they'll punch me in the gut again today.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
Bryan Mullins. 1 game out of 2nd. Jesus christ.

I couldnt believe that Creighton got spanked by Bradley that bad.

Outside of Drake and Ill St, there is really no good road team in the MVC

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 04:00 AM)
Great effort for IU tonight without White for most of the game. IU fans chanting for their cheating coach though, kind of sad.

And the "overrated" chant as well. Intelligence was in Bloomington in abundance tonight, I guess.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 10:00 PM)
Great effort for IU tonight without White for most of the game. IU fans chanting for their cheating coach though, kind of sad.

I didn't hear anyone chanting for Sampson. They were chating DJ White at the end.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
And the "overrated" chant as well. Intelligence was in Bloomington in abundance tonight, I guess.

You don't think MSU is overrated at #9? I sure as hell do. They've been playing pretty average of late. Morgan's disappeared.

Edited by sircaffey

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 05:00 AM)
You don't think MSU is overrated at #9? I sure as hell do. They've been playing pretty average of late. Morgan's disappeared.

Well, if they're overrated than you're diminishing your own win. It's a cliched chant that's rather pointless -- certainly not unique to IU, mind you, but I always have to chuckle when I hear the chant. I'm sure it'll happen at Marquette sometime in my next two (three?) years at Marquette, and I'll cringe and choose to not participate when that happens.