Jericho

Rex Hudler

Link

"Jericho," the post-apocalyptic CBS drama whose devoted fans rallied to save it from cancellation, has met its end.

The show failed to increase its audience and will air its final episode Tuesday, the network said Friday.

"Without question, there are passionate viewers watching this program; we simply wish there were more," CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said in a statement. "We have no regrets bringing the show back for a second try."

"Jericho," which stars Skeet Ulrich, was canceled last May, triggering a fan protest that deluged the network with about 40,000 pounds of peanuts _ a tribute to the defiant "Nuts!" line uttered by Ulrich's character in the first-season finale.

Last fall, "Jericho" was averaging 10.5 million viewers. When it returned in the spring, it drew about 8.1 million, about a 23 percent decline from the first half of the season. It's been averaging about 6 million viewers in its current run.

Son of a b****. Does anyone know if this is a one or tour hour finale?

I watched the most recent episode several days ago and, until now, thought it was possible the show would be extended. I know the sentimental moments with Ulrich's character being interrogated and visited by people in his life is reminiscent of those shows where past characters all seem to make appearances; but the ending with Cheyenne, to me, seemed difficult to wrap up quickly.

Just think about it -- somehow Jake and Hawkins are going to avoid capture while traveling to Wyoming, locate the bomb, and disarm or remove it before being captured in ONE episode? Maybe that doesn't happen, who knows. I think it'd be great if the government came though with their wishes and detonated the bomb. No one would expect that ending.

Also, what happens with Jericho? It'd be ridiculous to just end it permanently without indicating whether or not the town is ready to move on. You can't cover every character, obviously, but atleast have some closure.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
Son of a b****. Does anyone know if this is a one or tour hour finale?

I watched the most recent episode several days ago and, until now, thought it was possible the show would be extended. I know the sentimental moments with Ulrich's character being interrogated and visited by people in his life is reminiscent of those shows where past characters all seem to make appearances; but the ending with Cheyenne, to me, seemed difficult to wrap up quickly.

Just think about it -- somehow Jake and Hawkins are going to avoid capture while traveling to Wyoming, locate the bomb, and disarm or remove it before being captured in ONE episode? Maybe that doesn't happen, who knows. I think it'd be great if the government came though with their wishes and detonated the bomb. No one would expect that ending.

Also, what happens with Jericho? It'd be ridiculous to just end it permanently without indicating whether or not the town is ready to move on. You can't cover every character, obviously, but atleast have some closure.

I'm betting that there are several things left up in the air at the end, left to our imaginations.......

CBS is such a pile of dung.

The Unit, great show follow it for a couple of years. They cancel it.

Now Jericho.

I can't wait to see more Kid Nation and other crap that comes out of the reality TV ranks. Thank god 25k Nielsen households made up of old people are the ones who made the decision here.

The show had too many convoluted plots and implausibilities to be taken seriously.

If you missed the first run, you were screwed. When they came back from cancellation, the writers/producer made no effort to bring in backstory to draw in new viewers. Thus, their ratings stayed down.

• 2 weeks later...