Sox vs. Rockies 2/28

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 04:43 PM)
Bourgeois has been playing centerfield. So i'm guessing that helps his chances, but I still think he's a long shot.

I'd say Getz is AAA.

I really do not think either has a chance of making the roster this year barring injuries. In truth, I suspect KW will have traded one or both within the next year. That disappoints me because I like Bourgeious.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
I really do not think either has a chance of making the roster this year barring injuries. In truth, I suspect KW will have traded one or both within the next year. That disappoints me because I like Bourgeious.

If we could manage to move both Crede and Uribe, I think that gives Jason a good chance at the big league roster.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
Yeah like once. Are we off limits from asking questions in the spring training message board?

I was just kidding. Should have used the smiley. You can ask all the ?s you want. It was my bad as I thought you asked the 1st question about BA and then Russell but you only asked about Russell.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)
If we could manage to move both Crede and Uribe, I think that gives Jason a good chance at the big league roster.

That would be an ideal scenario for me.

Of course a lot depends on whether Ramirez starts the year off in AAA or with the Sox.

Brian Anderson played well i see... if he somehow finds his way, were going to have an interesting dilemma come April Owens Quentin and Anderson all vying for one spot.

I like Jerry's new fro (not as much as Lovie's new goatee) but a fully realized Brian Anderson gives this team a bunch of opportunities.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 08:09 PM)
Brian Anderson played well i see... if he somehow finds his way, were going to have an interesting dilemma come April Owens Quentin and Anderson all vying for one spot.

I like Jerry's new fro (not as much as Lovie's new goatee) but a fully realized Brian Anderson gives this team a bunch of opportunities.

Anderson could put up an OPS of 3.500 this spring and he still wouldn't make the big league squad. And it'd be the right call. After last season, he really does need to perform in AAA again before he can be given another shot.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)
Anderson could put up an OPS of 3.500 this spring and he still wouldn't make the big league squad. And it'd be the right call. After last season, he really does need to perform in AAA again before he can be given another shot.

I'll bet if he has a good spring, he makes the team. If Anderson plays to his potential, he makes the team better than anyone else does, and I think if Anderson really did grow up this year, they have no problems putting him out on the field. Plus if his attitude hasn't changed and he is hitting, playing him is the easiest way to increase his value to trade him.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 06:46 AM)
I'll bet if he has a good spring, he makes the team. If Anderson plays to his potential, he makes the team better than anyone else does, and I think if Anderson really did grow up this year, they have no problems putting him out on the field. Plus if his attitude hasn't changed and he is hitting, playing him is the easiest way to increase his value to trade him.

I just can't imagine how Anderson fits on to this roster right now. We're carrying 12 pitchers, that's obvious, which leaves 4 other backup guys. One of them is Toby Hall. Beyond that, we're still holding Crede and Uribe and we can't send them down unless we trade them. Beyond that, we're looking at Owens and Ramirez who already seem like they're in line before BA, and Bourgeois may well have himself moved in front of Anderson with his versatility if both Uribe and Crede get moved.

If Quentin simply can't go to start the season, then maybe. But that's the only way I can see it happening.