South Region

I'm here, haha. Good game by Marquette yesterday, they're a pretty solid team...Hayward was the x-factor. James still sucks, but he was so classy coming over to Crawford after the game to comfort him. Let's be honest, you're not going to win many games when just 3 of our guys score a FG. Great effort, and I wasn't too upset, we weren't even supposed to make the tournament.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some bizarre happenings in Stanford/Marquette. Trent Johnson, the Stanford coach who I often say looks like a crazy ax murderer, just randomly lost his mind and was given a double technical and kicked out of the game. Marquette then made 4 free throws and now has a small lead last in the 1st half. Weird.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 23, 2008 -> 01:07 AM)
Sorry Keith, I was rooting for you.

Thanks.

----------------------------

I feel ill. I really have no sense of objectivity right now and as such can't really analyze what went down. But just a few things:

- Those first couple OT possessions were key. Shame on Marquette's coaching staff for having Burke 'half-front' Lopez. He had nothing when he had to make a move towards the lane, and must've had at least 10 points off that two-foot layup. I understand that they're very good but some of those buckets were way too easy.

- McNeal had some great looks in those final possessions. Then again, he played a phenomenal game, though, so for me to pick out two shots is nitpicking.

- The not-as-good-as-his brother Lopez -- Robin? -- is a f***ing prick.

This one hurts.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 10:32 PM)
Michigan State picks a heck of a time to get their first win against a noteable opponent away from East Lansing, go figure.

Another team that could not follow my very simple script and lose :P

dammit.

If we were able to defend the 3 in the first half, we wouldve had a shot at winning this game.

Not upset at all. Actually proud that this team didnt lay down and get rolled by Texas.

4 starters back next season, so hopefully we can really build on this as a program.

QUOTE(zenryan @ Mar 23, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
dammit.

If we were able to defend the 3 in the first half, we wouldve had a shot at winning this game.

Not upset at all. Actually proud that this team didnt lay down and get rolled by Texas.

4 starters back next season, so hopefully we can really build on this as a program.

They made my #1 pick in the nation look bad. I'm hoping this was the tough game that makes them sharper for the run to #1

It's a shame that Miami/Texas game wasn't 40:15 long instead of 40 minutes even. Miami is certainly heading in the right direction under Haith though, the football team there could use the lessons of work ethic and execution he seems to have implanted in the basketball program.

Oh, and that 1st free throw by Augustin at the end was the worst free throw I have ever seen. Nervous much D.J.?

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 23, 2008 -> 05:15 PM)
It's a shame that Miami/Texas game wasn't 40:15 long instead of 40 minutes even. Miami is certainly heading in the right direction under Haith though, the football team there could use the lessons of work ethic and execution he seems to have implanted in the basketball program.

Oh, and that 1st free throw by Augustin at the end was the worst free throw I have ever seen. Nervous much D.J.?

Augustin was breathing real heavy before that first FT.

The football team will be back very soon. Randy Shannon has "ran" off some of the Coker guys who had zero heart.