Danks tries to dam the (West)brook..

TitoMB345

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(scenario @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 09:53 AM)
The difference is that Uribe is one of the easiest outs in MLB. (He's been in or around the bottom 5 in OBP of all starting position players in MLB the last two years.)

So he slaps homeruns occassionally to pump up his numbers and lull Sox management into playing him.

That doesn't negate all the offensive opportunities for the team that he snuffs out.

So you think Ozuna sucks too.

Fine. But when it comes to making outs and putting the offense into a stall, he sucks much less.

Play him.

Ozuna should start at 2nd every time someone comes up pitching from the left side. His value on this team is as a spot starter, and lefty killer.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 10:03 AM)
Ozuna should start at 2nd every time someone comes up pitching from the left side. His value on this team is as a spot starter, and lefty killer.

That's pretty much what I would say too. Maybe backup 3B on occasion as well. Somehow, people seemed to get the bizarre impression that I was saying he should start. I would never say such a thing.

QUOTE(scenario @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 09:58 AM)
I like the dumb titles.

Sort of like the clever sayings on the Heinz Ketchup bottles.

I don't think they are funny or clever but whatever. Maybe I'll start putting them together. I'll show you clever and funny.

"It's not fun, it's not funny."

QUOTE(scenario @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 09:53 AM)
The difference is that Uribe is one of the easiest outs in MLB. (He's been in or around the bottom 5 in OBP of all starting position players in MLB the last two years.)

So he slaps homeruns occassionally to pump up his numbers and lull Sox management into playing him.

That doesn't negate all the offensive opportunities for the team that he snuffs out.

So you think Ozuna sucks too.

Fine. But when it comes to making outs and putting the offense into a stall, he sucks much less.

Play him.

My thoughts exactly.

And of all people, why the hell does Sex Ram get a free pass. He's had success for all of 20some spring training games. So have Anderson and Quentin as well as varying degrees of success at the majors (Quentin 06, Anderson second half 06), and oh yeah, one of them is a great center fielder. Ramirez has been exactly as bad as we feared- the book is out on him- can't hit a breaking ball- 0 for 7 with 4 ks.

edited to add- Quentin starts!

Edited by Vance Law

QUOTE(shipps @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 10:40 AM)
BA is still on the sh** list and thats really a shame.

Why? Because they want to play Quentin today and don't want to take Swisher out of the lineup?

That adds up to proof that BA is on a sh*tlist?

Come on. If he was really on the Sox sh*tlist, he wouldn't have been invited to spring training much less come north with the team.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 10:43 AM)
Best? You think Swisher in CF is better than Anderson in CF?

Did you not read the "offensively" part?

Our best outfield is Swisher - Anderson - Dye, but our best offensive outfield is Quentin - Swisher - Dye. That's a pretty obvious one too...

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 10:45 AM)
Did you not read the "offensively" part?

Our best outfield is Swisher - Anderson - Dye, but our best offensive outfield is Quentin - Swisher - Dye. That's a pretty obvious one too...

Weird. I read that as defensively. My bad. I agree.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 12:01 PM)
So, does this mark the official beginning of BA in the doghouse? Swisher in CF over BA (and not LF)? I don't get it.

I think it's just as simple as them giving Quentin a real look before Anderson, I wouldn't say Anderson is in the doghouse yet. It's not like they're starting Erstad or Macowiak over him in CF. It's Swisher.